Photo

10 Budgeting Tips for the Frugal Minded :)

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#161 ajlbuaxo

ajlbuaxo
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:42 PM

I wasnt able to read this all the way through, so I dont know if anyone has posted this yet. I just found this out yesterday But a lot of states have tax free weekends and on the lists that are exempt from tax are wedding dresses. I am lucky cause I already have my dress picked out I am getting it in Texas in my hometown and their tax free weekend isnt until Aug 21-23 so my mom is calling the store tom to see if they are in TX. If is the case, I am also going to try to have my bridesmaid dresses picked out as well so they can take advantage of this as well. It may not be much, but it is something! I know that SC and Georgia are 2 states that have it included in theirs so look into it in your state!

#162 sherric80

sherric80
    • 70 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lady_Di
      i am planning to design my own save the date magnets. How did you print the magnets? Do you need a specific printer to do it? Anyone know? Thanks!
      The magnet sheets I bought said to use an inkjet printer (which I have). I am sure you can get sheets for other printers as well. I just used a business card template from Microsoft word so the magnets would all be exactly the same & changed the design around a little. It was really easy & cheap!

#163 mmshaughness

mmshaughness
      • 155 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

Another option for the hurricane glasses would be to ship a box of wedding things to your resort ahead of time. Most resorts allow you to ship a box to them prior to your arrival - I plan to ship my supplies for the centerpieces as well as wedding favors and wecome bags for our guests!

#164 tammikins

tammikins
        • 71 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sherric80
          The magnet sheets I bought said to use an inkjet printer (which I have). I am sure you can get sheets for other printers as well. I just used a business card template from Microsoft word so the magnets would all be exactly the same & changed the design around a little. It was really easy & cheap!
          I did my save the dates myself too - I did them up on the computer, then printed a whole bunch on glossy type photo paper. I bought magnetic sticky sheets from Michaels, stuck the roughly cut glossy paper on the sticky, then cut it all nice. They turned out awesome. Now here's where I screwed up: First set I made I put down one date, then found out that date wasn't available. So I made new ones with a new, prettier design. Then when they were almost done (doing the final cutting out) one of the girls at work pointed out that according to the STD, I'm getting married in "Mexio" no one else noticed that I missed the "c". So at that point I decided I'm dont with save the dates and moved on to invitations :)

#165 Brenners

Brenners
          • 807 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

I love the ideas here. I want to keep it simple, elegant but inexpensive and within budget so this is very helpful!

#166 Joss

Joss
            • 188 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

Being frugal does not mean you have to skimp on things you'd like, or quality. It just means you have to be creative about some things. It's so true though, when you're pressed for time, you don't always have the luxury to shop around and do inadvertantly end up buying something more expensive, which leads to the later "d'oh" moment.

#167 TamaraDan

TamaraDan
              • 20 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:45 PM

I'm just starting planning for my wedding, but I figure that I will look for a resort that has a free wedding package when you book so many rooms (I have found a couple that are a reasonable amount like the Excellence resorts), then I will make my own decor and such and upgrade on the things that are really important to me like a good photographer. I am also going to do my legal marriage at home since it seems to save a LOT of money, I will save like a thousand dollars getting married in Canada first instead of legally getting married in Mexico! (Also I dont want to have to do the blood test!)
                -Tamara

#168 kyates

kyates
                • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:32 AM

I love it! Your words of frugal-wisdom are inspiration to get out there and keep searching. I am a clearance/coupon shopper myself and it's nice to know I'm not alone. Good tips!

#169 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
                  • 417 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:48 AM

I am so thrilled this thread got bumped! So many fabulous ideas!

#170 Island Bride

Island Bride
                    • 330 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:58 AM

such awesome words of wisdom. thanks a bunch for posting this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users