Photo

10 Budgeting Tips for the Frugal Minded :)

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#141 OchieBride

OchieBride
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:43 AM

Thanks for trhe great tips!

#142 khomac

khomac
    • 380 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

I also find that you have to look often, take your time in the stores, look at every item, see how you can use it for your wedding.
      Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
      Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#143 BlieLena

BlieLena
      • 41 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

Thank you for sharing! Great ideas! I found my bridesmaids dresses on Forever 21's website 14.50 and they are sooo beautiful, perfect color and material~ I can't wait to post pics :)

#144 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
        • 220 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

Great advice! We're trying very hard to stick to the budget too, and I've been lucky enough to find some great ideas and deals through the ladies on this site!
          http://tickers.Ticke....2315/event.png

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#145 Love3

Love3
          • 785 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

true true!!
            ~Heather~

#146 drucky14

drucky14
            • 39 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

Some very excellent tips in here. We'll be sure to use many of them!

#147 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
              • 450 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

I LOVE this thread!

#148 SSNM

SSNM
                • 675 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:22 AM

Nice post! Thanks.

So far I have been able to go under budget for pretty much everything I set out to buy. I bought a wedding saree with dupatta (veil) for $600 that would have normally been $1500. My fiance and I got a great value on my e-ring which came with a matching band ($3500 for 1.4 carats plus sidestones). Instead of buying indian wedding jewelry set for $300, I will spend $10-$50 on a really nice rhinestone necklace that I will wear as a tikka/tiara and accent with a nice necklace and earrings from my repetoire. I am really happy with my spending so far and I hope to keep it up. With you guys as a great source of advice, I am sure to have no problem :)

#149 ali0284

ali0284
                  • 226 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:14 AM

also, if you are in New England...you can find some great priced items at the Christmas Tree Shop!
                    ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#150 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
                    • 443 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:01 AM

wow I never would have thought of getting the bridesmaid dresses from Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe! That is a great idea!

I wanted to get my dress ASAP but reading this makes me want to wait til this seasons dresses are on clearance!

ALso does anyone know if it is cheaper to get Save the Dates on vistaprint or print them out yourself? Printer cartridges are pretty expensive for color so which do you think is cheaper?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users