Photo

10 Budgeting Tips for the Frugal Minded :)

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#101 jmb0902

jmb0902
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

OH and I just registered with artscow.com and vistaprint.com

I recommend registering, so you start getting the emails about bargains and free stuff :)

#102 jmb0902

jmb0902
    • 496 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:30 AM

OH and I recommend registering for artscow.com and vistaprint.com so you actually start getting the bargains and free stuff offers in your inbox... even if you're not getting married for another year :)

#103 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
      • 305 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

I just bought my OOT bags on ebay. I got 50 collapsible jelly totes for $55. I already got them and they are perfect. Waterproof, in 5 different colors. I am not sure how many guest are coming yet, but I do have a RSVP link on our website that I have asked people to respond to if they think they are coming. Our wedding isn't until October and I already got 30 RSVP's on there.
        I was also thinking of putting shot glasses, fans, and maybe a photo album. Check out favorfavor.com, and efavormart.com. They have a lot of great stuff on there. I ordered brown satin bags and blue ribbon to put the shot glasses in. (thise are our colors).
        Darcy
        http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
        [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#104 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
        • 305 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

I just bought my OOT bags on ebay. I got 50 collapsible jelly totes for $55. I already got them and they are perfect. Waterproof, in 5 different colors. I am not sure how many guest are coming yet, but I do have a RSVP link on our website that I have asked people to respond to if they think they are coming. Our wedding isn't until October and I already got 30 RSVP's on there.
          I was also thinking of putting shot glasses, fans, and maybe a photo album. Check out favorfavor.com, and efavormart.com. They have a lot of great stuff on there. I ordered brown satin bags and blue ribbon to put the shot glasses in. (thise are our colors).
          Darcy
          http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
          [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#105 jennwo

jennwo
          • 189 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Keep the idea's coming ladies, this is great! I see so many girls spending way more than we planned and I started second guessing the DW is cheaper than home!!!

The best tip is go to the stores, but don't buy. Go online and order it there. My dress was $880 in the store, but it is only $560 to order online. And you can get it sooner too!

#106 KimmyG

KimmyG
            • 520 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

Keep your eyes open in less-than-expected places: I was in White House Black Market and found a wedding dress in exactly my size (an online return) marked down to $199 because it was the only one. I might go back and get it :)

#107 futuremissbk

futuremissbk
              • 49 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

Wow! Really great ideas. Thank you all for your great lists.

#108 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
                • 719 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for the Thread! It's great!

#109 BBtoB

BBtoB
                  • 399 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

Great post! I have done a few of these myslef...like the shop around bit! Awesome post! THanks!

#110 heidi_lk

heidi_lk
                    • 80 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

Great tips ladies! Glad I found this forum, was starting to feel really cheap after reading some other threads. Good to know not everyone has a ton of money to spend!!

My helpful tips are:

Use Excel to design a budget. I did up a spreadsheet of every thing we wanted/ needed for the wedding and what we wanted to spend. And I included everything - from rings to invites to tips to gifts for guests. This helped provide me with a very realistic number. In the second column I tallied what I actually spent. So if I found a really great deal somewhere, it allowed me to add an extra or spend a little more somewhere else. And I set it up to do all the totalling for me. Has been a real life saver, and so far has kept us way under budget!!!!

My second tip is to keep your eye out for charity events and bridal events. I got my wedding dress at a Hospice Society event where all the dresses were donated by local bridal shops. 100% of every dress sold went to the charity and I got a $700 dress for $125!!!! Not only do I feel good helping out charity, but saved a ton of cash!!

Hope this helps someone...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users