BeautifulBridetoBe

10 Budgeting Tips for the Frugal Minded :)

Fabulous post! We also are doing our wedding on a tight budget, as we are hoping to buy a house around the same time. These are some great tips and can't wait to use them when I start buying items.

what a great thread!

we're trying to do our DW on a VERY tight budget so these tips and ideas will be very helpful! :)

Excellent post! I am all about savings. I am working hard to get everythingI need for $10K or under and I am planning a DW and AHR. I know it can be done. I just have to take my time and be careful.

I love this thread!! Especially the tips about veils - I would have been that person who just buys the bridal shop one without thinking of how simple and cheap of an item it actually is.

Personally, I am looking to do a very frugal DW. For those in the same boat as me, depending on your taste here are some of my ideas:

- Consider whether it's really that important to have a private reception. I've been to two DWs now where the reception dinner was in a semi-private area of one of the a la cartes, and one was not private (they just set us up in the a la carte). I thought it was great - you are still sharing your reception with your guests, and if other random people from the resort stop and say congrats, then great! It's not for everyone but I think that's the way I will go to save $$ on the whole private dinner thing. The reception dance/party was on the beach and was not private either - and it was lots of fun!

- I am all about picking the key important items that really matter to me and not focusing too much on the rest. I really don't care about centerpieces, flowers (I'm sure whatever comes with the free or cheapy package will be just lovely), or upgraded cakes. Those are not things I will think back on when I remember my wedding day.

- I think I will request RSVP via email (and probably setup a separate email account for wedding stuff), instead of sending out response cards with envelopes and postage. If you invite 100 people, that's quite a bit you've saved by skipping the return postage.

This online store had some super cheap, pretty wedge sandals (and a ton of other stuff too):

Wedding Cake Toppers - Monogram Cake Toppers - Cake Toppers - Wedding Shoes - Bridal Shoes

Just be warned, their return policy is pretty strict so make sure you read it if you're concerned about the sizing.

- Consider whether it's really that important to have a private reception. I've been to two DWs now where the reception dinner was in a semi-private area of one of the a la cartes, and one was not private (they just set us up in the a la carte). I thought it was great - you are still sharing your reception with your guests, and if other random people from the resort stop and say congrats, then great! It's not for everyone but I think that's the way I will go to save $$ on the whole private dinner thing. The reception dance/party was on the beach and was not private either - and it was lots of fun!

Alundy,

So, when there was a dinner only reception, there were dancing options? That would be awesome.