Photo

White Christmas in the Northeast?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 JoLo908

JoLo908
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

OMG it's snowing so much here!!! And we had a potluck dinner last night so I have cookies, spinach pie, dip, and cocktail weenies.... and Jenny Craig.... LOL... so, I think we are set!!!

#12 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
    • 1,830 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:41 PM

So they actually let us leave early from work...at about 3:15pm they decided to close but of course i didnt leave til about 3:40pm, just trying to finish things up. The roads are not pretty...this morning was nice, white, (and yes Yari, fluffy ) but now it felt more like ice chips pounding the car & my head as I cleaned off my car!

DH is watching Oprah, Nia is playing her Ds....it feels good to be home "early" for a change. Hope everyone keeps warm.

#13 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
      • 888 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

It's been snowing heavily for the last five hours here in Connecticut. If I were working today, my boss would have me work from home. However, we had today off anyway. It stinks because we live on top of a huge hill that they don't plow until hours after the snow hits, so if I try to leave now, I won't be able to get back home!

#14 syl1115

syl1115
        • 789 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

I'm in central ohio and we just have rain. It's about 55 degrees. Better rain than snow, I need new tires.
          Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#15 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sapphire723
            It's been snowing heavily for the last five hours here in Connecticut. If I were working today, my boss would have me work from home. However, we had today off anyway. It stinks because we live on top of a huge hill that they don't plow until hours after the snow hits, so if I try to leave now, I won't be able to get back home!
            That huge hill your on sounds scary when its snowing. When we were kids my dad used to take us to this park where that was a big hill and we'd go sledding...it was fun. I'd probably be too scared now, LOL

#16 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
            • 415 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

The snow is pretty to look at but I don't like the mess it leaves. It's still snowing over here in CT. So many accidents have been happening earlier.

#17 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
              • 668 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

Yee Ha! this is so much fun! I am snowed in right now and baking cookies for Christmas! The roads are really bad out. WE cancelled our christmas party at work because of the storm, and I haven't even started my holiday shopping- so I hope it clears up for tommorow!

#18 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                • 1,830 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

mmm, Christmas cookies!! wow, I thought I was the only one who hasnt started her shopping (gulp!). Its stopped snowing over here but I hear more snow is coming on Sunday!

#19 KLC77

KLC77
                  • 2,207 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

We have 7 and a 1/2 inches of snow. Its so beautiful.
                    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#20 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
                    • 888 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:07 PM

It's snowing again here, and they haven't been by to plow the roads. I'm stuck here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users