Photo

Help with non-traditional vows!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget810

Bridget810
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:01 AM

Okay, so my wedding coordinator just sent me the ceremony vows, and for the most part, they are great. However, the ceremony will end with this:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I present for the first time Mr. And Mrs. ____________________"

The problem is, I'm not taking my fiance's last name; I'm keeping my own. Nor is he taking mine. So, what can this sentence be replaced with? I'm at a total loss. I want a conclusive statement at the end of the ceremony, and I want us to be "presented", I just can't think of how to word it.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

#2 Duchess

Duchess
    • 358 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

I am not an expert at all, especially about this stuff, which is why I always ask the forums, but I have been trying to do what I want rather that what is traditional. I would think something like Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I present for the first time as Husband and Wife, Mr. Hubby Name and Mrs. Your Name. Would that work? I think it presents you as Husband and Wife but is very modern.

#3 Signature Weddings

Signature Weddings
      • 10 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

Hello!
        "husband and wife" is the best way to go if you are not taking your husband name. I also had one couple that choose to be introduced with their names : Sarah & Ian.
        Your minister can help you build a more natural speech and avoid the "for the first time" part.
        Hope it helps! Saludos!

#4 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

I would say "For the first time as Husband and Wife, I present you with: (Fiance's first Name) and Bridget"

THen everyone can clap and cheer and cry tears of joy :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users