*The official Aruba Brides CHAT thread*

Heidi

I am getting married at the Renaissance in 7 WEEKS from today *giddy* :) I contacted a stylist who was recommended to me from the Ren wedding coordinator, but still need to book the appt. We are bringing our own photographer and are skipping the videographer. We have a group of 30 coming along and am pretty excited to get out of the miserable COLD and SNOW!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by MissE View Post

MD Lady, thanks for posting such a great review on the Hyatt and your wedding in general. Your gift bags were awesome, please don't be upset if I steal some ideasmsnwink.gif. I'm also in the DC area, but our guests will be coming from all over the country. As I looked at flights from the west coast and midwest, I've started to get a little worried, wondering if my guests will be able to afford it. But I'm hoping it will work out...

I promise not to be mad if you steal ideas, I'd be flattered!!!  How exciting, another DC Aruba bride!!!  You will have such a great time and your guests are in for a treat!!!  Word of advice, do not wait until the last few weeks before the wedding to book flights.  We got our flights for $420 in January for our May wedding but one of my BMs waited until April to book her ticket and ended up paying over $800 which was insane.  I was sure that she already had it booked but it turned out that she waited.  The prices keep going up as you get closer to the date as there are not too many flights to Aruba so book in advance and it will save you and your guests some $$.

Originally Posted by AnnCam2011 View Post

I am getting married at the Renaissance in 7 WEEKS from today *giddy* :) I contacted a stylist who was recommended to me from the Ren wedding coordinator, but still need to book the appt. We are bringing our own photographer and are skipping the videographer. We have a group of 30 coming along and am pretty excited to get out of the miserable COLD and SNOW!

I cannot wait to see the pictures.  Good luck and ENJOY the wedding!!!!  Now the real countdown begins when you are down to single-digit weeks!!!!

Originally Posted by catied View Post

Hi.  I'm trying to plan for a NOvember 2011 wedding there in ARuba, which i loved (ive gone before).  Im just really stressing on finding the right hotel/wedding location.  i want to be able to do all-inclusive for my gusts, but also dont know how many of hte "traditional" destination wedding norms i'm going to do or should do or even what they all are: pay for attendants accomodations, how many dinners, breakfasts, etc...so any help would be appreciated.  i am kind of torn between renaissance, westin, possibly the marriott or hyatt, but then my TA is pushing the Occidental...any help would be appreciated to call my type A self.  thanks.

FYI, the Hyatt does not have an AI option (at least it did not in 2010).  I know that the Westin gives you a choice to book a European plan (not AI) and an AI plan for 2 different prices.  I heard great things about the Westin and Renaissance.

Getting down to the wire and I havent really done anything (other than get my dress/veil) to prepare for the wedding. I am working on some stuff this weekend - making some votive candle holders, finding vases for centerpieces and might buy some chair sashes. Other than that, I am sort of putting all my faith into the coordinator at the hotel! Getting rings this weekend, my fiance needs to pick up his suit. MIL working on welcome bags. What else needs to be done? Hmm...

Originally Posted by AnnCam2011 View Post

Getting down to the wire and I havent really done anything (other than get my dress/veil) to prepare for the wedding. I am working on some stuff this weekend - making some votive candle holders, finding vases for centerpieces and might buy some chair sashes. Other than that, I am sort of putting all my faith into the coordinator at the hotel! Getting rings this weekend, my fiance needs to pick up his suit. MIL working on welcome bags. What else needs to be done? Hmm...

It sounds like you have things on track...do you need to set up any appts. for when you are there for nails, hair, make up etc? Otherwise, enjoy this planning stage and soon your wedding day will be here!!!

I was in contact with a salon but havent set up my appt yet. Still need to figure out the timing of the day yet. I am going to get a manicure here at home before I head down. Decided to go with the new "shellac" nail color which is supposed to last 14 days and will skip a pedi and just do my own toes. Trying not to get too stressed out - it's only one day, some things will go wrong, and it's only 30 people (all of whom love us, so they will be supportive, no matter what!).

Thanks for the advice! I will keep that in mind going forward!

We're going back and forth on when the wedding will be so things are moving slowly now, but it helps to know all of this information so when we really get it together I won't have so much research to do.