Jump to content
Heidi

*The official Aruba Brides CHAT thread*

Recommended Posts

Do you want to buy this and have them ship it over fr you? I'm sorry to break to you but that won't happen. This is island. I wish I know exactly what you were talking about and I could go down and get it for you and mail it or Fedex it to you. Can you by any chance take a picture of what you're referring to and then I can go out and see if I can find it or something similar.

 

Peace,

 

Bryan Morris
 

Originally Posted by Mmack View Post

Thanks Bryan for responding. Last September when I was in Aruba I bought 2 ornaments from a souveneir shop at the Market Place at the Renaissance Hotel. Something like a palm tree, someone under it, etc. Something cute I guess. Any idea where I could get those??



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been on the site now for about two months and this has been such a helpful site.  We have heard nothing but great reviews about Aruba and wanted to have our wedding somewhere different.  We are looking at August 2011 (the month we met and began dating) and we had the whole hurricane season in mind when we decided that Aruba would be a nice fit.  Initially we thought the RIU would be nice but after our recent stay at the RIU Montego Bay we decided that their beds are way too hard, they do not offer real premium alcohol (we are drinkers), the food was just average, and their wedding locations are not private at all.  

 

Reading this thread has been really helpful in narrowing down our choice to the Renaissance for our wedding and ceremony.  It would be a truly unique experience for all.  Now we just have to get a price quote for rooms and see if it is feasible to have our guests stay there.  The great thing is that we do not have to necessarily stay there to have our wedding there so our guest can have options if they chose to stay at different resorts.  I'm hoping to at least get solid rates from the Ren which includes breakfast daily for guest that way they can venture out for lunch and dinner to experience Aruba.

 

For all the Renaissance brides, generally what price did you pay for the ceremony/reception side based on your guest number?  I see there are packages but they are mainly for the ceremony and maybe a cocktail hour.  I'm trying to get an idea of how much it would cost for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception for under 60 people.  I would like to keep my wedding budget at under $10,000 (not including our travel).  Also, did anyone receive the free honeymoon deal? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody! This thread hasn't been too active lately, but I had a question for those of you who had travel to Aruba and brought food/snacks with you.

 

We leave in 22 days and we are bringing all of the OOT bag items with us and checking it at the airport. We are bringing mini alcohol bottles, chips, mints, and chocolate among other things. If you total all the alcohol bottles it doesn't exceed the customs regulations, but what about food? Will we have an issue bringing it in? I can't find any regulations on it.

 

Thanks!

 

 

babigirl21 - Sorry I am getting married at the Westin. And there was no free honeymoon deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by babigirl21 View Post

 

I've been on the site now for about two months and this has been such a helpful site.  We have heard nothing but great reviews about Aruba and wanted to have our wedding somewhere different.  We are looking at August 2011 (the month we met and began dating) and we had the whole hurricane season in mind when we decided that Aruba would be a nice fit.  Initially we thought the RIU would be nice but after our recent stay at the RIU Montego Bay we decided that their beds are way too hard, they do not offer real premium alcohol (we are drinkers), the food was just average, and their wedding locations are not private at all.  

 

Reading this thread has been really helpful in narrowing down our choice to the Renaissance for our wedding and ceremony.  It would be a truly unique experience for all.  Now we just have to get a price quote for rooms and see if it is feasible to have our guests stay there.  The great thing is that we do not have to necessarily stay there to have our wedding there so our guest can have options if they chose to stay at different resorts.  I'm hoping to at least get solid rates from the Ren which includes breakfast daily for guest that way they can venture out for lunch and dinner to experience Aruba.

 

For all the Renaissance brides, generally what price did you pay for the ceremony/reception side based on your guest number?  I see there are packages but they are mainly for the ceremony and maybe a cocktail hour.  I'm trying to get an idea of how much it would cost for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception for under 60 people.  I would like to keep my wedding budget at under $10,000 (not including our travel).  Also, did anyone receive the free honeymoon deal? 

 

We are strongly considering the Renaissance for our March 2011 wedding. I am about ready to fax in the request form, just need to know a few more details before we are ready. We are inviting around 60 people and are trying to keep our budget as low as possible since we are paying for everything ourselves. Our good friend is a wedding photographer and he did a wedding at the Ren a few years ago. I told him we had considered it and his opinion was that you can't find a better location to have a wedding than on the private island. Nice to hear this from a seasoned traveler and wedding photographer! I told him we were considering not paying the extra cost to be able to stay out on the island till 11pm, and maybe hold the reception back on the mainland. He said it is worth the money to have the reception on the island, that no one will have ever been to a wedding (and maybe never again go to one) where everything was as private and secluded. I like that aspect of it, just time to crunch numbers to be sure it can happen!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I have a question.  My fiance is Dutch and is a pretty hard negotiator.  What is the expectation in Aruba regarding this and wedding planning?  I agree that some of the fees are pretty hefty for our small group (set up fee is set even though we only have a small number of people) but overall I am very pleased with the coordinator and the resort.  I don't want to be a pain in the butt or offend them, but is it the norm to expect some negotiating room?

 

Thanks for your thoughts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Whooo Hooo! I know you must be excited!!!

 

I brought snacks for our oots bags and had no problems getting them down there.  I gave my mother some to carry and put some in my luggage.

I took the smaller snacks out of boxes and placed in large ziploc bags to make it easier to pack and sort.

 

 

Originally Posted by hat0112 View Post

Hi everybody! This thread hasn't been too active lately, but I had a question for those of you who had travel to Aruba and brought food/snacks with you.

 

We leave in 22 days and we are bringing all of the OOT bag items with us and checking it at the airport. We are bringing mini alcohol bottles, chips, mints, and chocolate among other things. If you total all the alcohol bottles it doesn't exceed the customs regulations, but what about food? Will we have an issue bringing it in? I can't find any regulations on it.

 

Thanks!

 

 

 

babigirl21 - Sorry I am getting married at the Westin. And there was no free honeymoon deal.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by Mmack View Post

Hey Sherr! any pictures to share?? who was your photographer?



I have a few pictures in my profile.  Still no pro pics yet sad.gif

 

We had a wonderful photographer, Victor Winklaar.

 

How is the planning coming along? Are you definately getting married at the Ren.? when?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am! I'm almost in shock that I leave in 3 weeks.

 

Thanks for responding! If you brought enough snacks for 60 people and were ok, then I should be find with what I am bring for my 10!

 

Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post



Whooo Hooo! I know you must be excited!!!

 

I brought snacks for our oots bags and had no problems getting them down there.  I gave my mother some to carry and put some in my luggage.

I took the smaller snacks out of boxes and placed in large ziploc bags to make it easier to pack and sort.
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×