*The official Aruba Brides CHAT thread*

Heidi

The Renaissance has an all inclusive option as well as the "European plan" (not all inclusive). This is one reason we chose this spot. My finace didn't want all inclusive, but I thought it would be nice to have if guests would be more comfortable with having it. It's nice that each guest can choose what they want to do and isn't forcing something on those who may not prefer it. We just got our confirmation of our date from the Renaissance, and invites go out on Monday!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently decided to have our wedding in Aruba, May 2012.  Any tips on locations (we're looking at Divi and Bucuti right now) and planning would be appreciated!  I've never been, but my fiancee has and his parents have a time share and say that its gorgeous.  So excited to bring our friends and family there!

Hey Sheree,

The planning is coming along. I booked a phtotographer that Juney recommended. Its $1200 for 6 hours at both locations. I am having a hard time with the florist though. Juney recommended elas's flowershop. They dont really respond and keep referring me to facebook for their work. Who did you use? Also did you book your vendors through Juney or direct? What else should i be focusing on since your a pro now!! haha

My wedding is in August 2011 and I was planning on sending my invitations out in January - how long did you give people to RSVP??

Thanks for your help!!

How long more until you get your pro pics?!?!

Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post

I have a few pictures in my profile.  Still no pro pics yet sad.gif

We had a wonderful photographer, Victor Winklaar.

How is the planning coming along? Are you definately getting married at the Ren.? when?

Hello Ann,

I'm also getting married at the Renaissance in August 2011!! Hows your planning going? Who are you using for your photographer/videographer/florist, etc.......I need help!! haha Are you going to qualify for the free honeymoon?? Hopefully I will!

Originally Posted by AnnCam2011 View Post

Hi Jenn!

I did hear back from the Ren. I was caught in a communication-love-triangle with the Ren and my TA which was not making anything any easier. I ended up calling there 3 weeks ago to be sure the date we wanted was still open, then emailed my info. Didnt hear back for 2 weeks, then I called this Monday. I talked to Juney the WC directly and resent the email. He said they had been having IT issues, but he was able to provide me with an estimate about a half hour later. I realize now I need to buy a calling card the next time I call down there, since on TMobile it was about $10 for 5 min call!

We just have to figure out a few more details and I am hoping to send in our deposit no later than next Monday. I am so anxious/excited/nervous to be taking this step. It's been kind of like an out-of-body experience for me since I have been waiting for this for so long. My fiance and I have been together for 11 years and just got engaged at the end of May. Crazy that in about 5 months we will (finally!) be married! Whew.

My friend is a wedding photographer and has traveled all over the world - Germany, Peru, Italy, all over the US. He did a wedding at the Ren in '05 and said it is absolutely the best place for a DW. After hearing this from a very dear friend who has all this experience, we made our decision to go with the Ren.

Good luck with planning. Stay in touch - it would be nice to have another Ren bride to talk to - bounce ideas off of and compare notes! I try to check in here at least once a day, so I should be around. :-)

Best,
AC

I received a quote for my photographer which I thought was steep, so I was wondering can you negotiate?huh.gif VA Bride - did you find any answers??

Originally Posted by VA_Bride View Post

OK, I have a question.  My fiance is Dutch and is a pretty hard negotiator.  What is the expectation in Aruba regarding this and wedding planning?  I agree that some of the fees are pretty hefty for our small group (set up fee is set even though we only have a small number of people) but overall I am very pleased with the coordinator and the resort.  I don't want to be a pain in the butt or offend them, but is it the norm to expect some negotiating room?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Im getting married there in August!! Its great to meet so many Renaissance Aruba brides!! I booked the hotel first then did my rooms contract then sent our my save the dates. No I'm doing my invitations in January. Do you have any tips?? Can you recommend a florist?

Originally Posted by arubabeachbride View Post

Hi,

I've started planning our Nov 2011 wedding for the Renaissance and was hoping to connect with some brides who are also getting or who have gotten married there. We are just starting the process of getting pricing from our travel agent.

AnnCam2011 did you hear back from the Ren yet? Are you booking your wedding with the resort before telling your guests or at the same time? You must be getting so excited.

Thanks,

Jenn

Congrats!! I bet it feels great to get the invites out! I was wondering, do you have any children going to Aruba, if so, do you know anything about the kids club? I have some family guests that are inquirying.

Originally Posted by AnnCam2011 View Post

The Renaissance has an all inclusive option as well as the "European plan" (not all inclusive). This is one reason we chose this spot. My finace didn't want all inclusive, but I thought it would be nice to have if guests would be more comfortable with having it. It's nice that each guest can choose what they want to do and isn't forcing something on those who may not prefer it. We just got our confirmation of our date from the Renaissance, and invites go out on Monday!

Mmack -

Yes! We will have some children at the wedding, ages 6 and 2 for sure, could be more kids but I am not sure yet. Can't wait to spend the week with my soon-to-be niece and nephew! I have been with my fiance for 11 years, so a DW was the way to go. Got the 2nd batch of invites in the mail today - who would have guesses it is Veteran's Day (thus, no mail!). We have 60 invites out to 120+ people and are hoping for a max of 40. It could get out of hand, but so far the important ones are booked (us, siblings, parents, closest friends). I am finally sleeping at night! Hopefully we are able to get some comp nights for the number of rooms we will have!

We haven't done anything about photographer - is it strange not to have one? My brother in law has a great digital camera and it pretty talented taking candids of his kids. Maybe will just get some good ones of us and the reception after. I am about as easy going as they come with this wedding stuff. I see some things and think "really? people do this?" HA!

How are your plans going???

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the florist that Juney recommended, I don't recall the name.  Deciding on what flowers I wanted was a difficult task. In  the end I just told Juney I wanted a nice tropical mix( minus callalillies) and it turned out lovely. I booked photog & hair/makeup directly and just about everything else I did thru the resort.

I sent out save the dates about one year out and formal invites about 3-4 months before with an rsvp of 2 months before the day.  Some people never rsvp'ed ( yay or nay) and that was a pain!

For me it was all of the little things at the end that got me stressed.  Try to do as much as you can now. I created an extensive to do list of things I needed to get done each month and attached a shopping list and tackled it that way. Just as long as the main  things are taken care of( bride and grooms attire, officiant, food/drinks and guests), it will all fall into place. Don;t stress the small stuff- Keep it simple. Your guests will be so thrilled to be on a private island for your wedding, that's all that matters.

Don't forget to enjoy this engagement period with your fiance! As soon as I got the ring on my finger it was wedding, wedding, wedding for me. I spent weeks afterwards just unwinding and I'm still doing wedding related stuff( thank you cards).

Originally Posted by Mmack View Post

Hey Sheree,

The planning is coming along. I booked a phtotographer that Juney recommended. Its $1200 for 6 hours at both locations. I am having a hard time with the florist though. Juney recommended elas's flowershop. They dont really respond and keep referring me to facebook for their work. Who did you use? Also did you book your vendors through Juney or direct? What else should i be focusing on since your a pro now!! haha

My wedding is in August 2011 and I was planning on sending my invitations out in January - how long did you give people to RSVP??

Thanks for your help!!

How long more until you get your pro pics?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post

I have a few pictures in my profile.  Still no pro pics yet sad.gif

We had a wonderful photographer, Victor Winklaar.

How is the planning coming along? Are you definately getting married at the Ren.? when?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

It seems like it has been some time since anyone has posted on here but I thought I would say hi. I was previously booked to have my wedding in Mexico but due to some family concerns about traveling there we decided to move it to Aruba!  It was very stressful to organize everything all over again in a new location but I am confident everyone will love it there. I am getting married at the Manchebo on June 11, 2011. I have been to Aruba once for a wedding and I loved it. It truly is a beautiful island and you definitely feel safe going out and about there.

My wedding planner/coordinator is Lissy Lampe who comes highly recommended by 2 of my friends who have used here there. So far she has been excellent with communication and being very specific about what everything.

I think we may stay at the Hyatt for a few nights, but not sure if we will be moving to another hotel/resort from there. I also want to try to stay at the Bucuti or Manchebo the night before the wedding so that it is easy for me to get ready from there and then walk down when it is time for the ceremony.

I am so excited and can't wait to get some inspiration from this board!

Marisa