Photo

How to curl straight hair?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Anna83

Anna83
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

Does anyone have a recomendation for a good product to curl hair? I'm thinking I should try hot rollers, but I don't really know. I have long, straight hair that does not hold a curl the greatest. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
    • 1,681 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

I have long straight hair too. Curling irons don't work on me, but hot rollers do! They work wonders! Also, there is a product out there called a curling wand and it works really good too. I would suggest the hot rollers though. Good Luck!

#3 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

Agreed! Hot rollers are the only thing that ever worked for me. My sister is a stylist so i had her put a wave in my hair. its so straight that unless i actual style it, scrunch whatever to have the wave in that day it will just stay straight.

#4 sstotz

sstotz
        • 298 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

K--in my cheerleading days I found that dirty hair curls best.. so with that in mind, try spraying each individual clump before you curl with a lightweight hairspray (heavy hair spray means droopy curls).. after its all done, do an all over spray, and see if that helps!!
          ~Soon to be Shanny May
          June 20th, 2009
          Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#5 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

My hair does not hold a curl for long. I talked to my hair stylst bc I swear by hot rollers and she said that I am better off with a small-med curling iron and take a small section of hair and spray it really good with hair spray then curl it. I did try it and it held much longer but did eventually fall
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

I would use a ceramic curling iron. Spray the piece of hair first with spray gel, and then curl it - hopefully that will work!

#7 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
              • 609 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:12 PM

There is also something called a digital perm that might work if you want a longer lasting solution. Digital perm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#8 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:34 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sstotz
                  K--in my cheerleading days I found that dirty hair curls best.. so with that in mind, try spraying each individual clump before you curl with a lightweight hairspray (heavy hair spray means droopy curls).. after its all done, do an all over spray, and see if that helps!!
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jkcz0702
                  My hair does not hold a curl for long. I talked to my hair stylst bc I swear by hot rollers and she said that I am better off with a small-med curling iron and take a small section of hair and spray it really good with hair spray then curl it. I did try it and it held much longer but did eventually fall
                  I would use a ceramic curling iron. Spray the piece of hair first with spray gel, and then curl it - hopefully that will work!
                  None of these work for me. They hold my curls for an hour or maybe 2, but especially if I'm out doing something it just falls out. Plus, I'm not a real product person either, I can't stand the feeling of tons of hairspray and gel. I still really recommend hot rollers, try them and you'll be VERY surprised. Digital perms are also great, but pricier. If you don't mind the money try a digital perm!

#9 Anna83

Anna83
                  • 288 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:41 AM

Thanks girls! I'll have to try hot rollers. I don't think I have the patience to curl my hair with a curling iron!

#10 chicklet

chicklet
                    • 718 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Anna83
                      Does anyone have a recomendation for a good product to curl hair? I'm thinking I should try hot rollers, but I don't really know. I have long, straight hair that does not hold a curl the greatest. Any help would be appreciated!
                      I would say hot rollers work pretty well.
                      If you are using a curling iron, make sure hair isn't freshly washed..do it the night before and use hairspray before you curl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users