Photo

Certified copies of marriage license Hawaii

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chiquita

Chiquita
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

I know I had posted in a thread before about ordering certified copies of your marriage license but for the life of me I can't find my post so I will just put the info in here.

I sent my money order along with the green form that was given to us to the State Dept of Health in Honolulu on 11.28.08. I sent it registered mail and they received it on 12.05.08.

They sent to me all the copies I ordered on 12.09.08 just through the regular mail and I received them all today 12.17.08!

This is super fast and I'm happy I can begin the process of changing my name :) The thing that sucked the most about the whole thing was they only accept money orders so it took a week for me to get that from my bank but once it was sent off.. super quick!

#2 sdnative222

sdnative222
    • 136 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:07 AM

Thanks for posting this information! I'm totally excited to change my name...get a new driver's license pic and get my passport in my married name!!!
      Jocelynn and Shawn
      Got Maui'd on November 8,2008
      http://www.thebump.c....step=5&radio=C

#3 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

No problem! :)

#4 Sherry

Sherry
        • 390 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:10 PM

We didn't bother sending in the green form, because I wasn't changing my name, so we weren't in a rush. Interestingly, our official marriage certificate arrived within about 6 to 8 weeks of our wedding. I can't remember exactly when it came, but it was WAY faster than we thought it would be based on what we were told in Hawaii. I still can't believe how fast it came, because they really made it sound like we'd be waiting for a very long time.

#5 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:44 AM

They told me our official marriage certificate would come in 4 months and that it was alot quicker if you sent in the green form which it was (for us) anyways.

But ya, if you aren't changing your name then you don't need to worry about it so much.
            :)

#6 sdnative222

sdnative222
            • 136 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

sOOOOOOO, it took officially 3 weeks to get my marriage certificate from Hawaii. I mailed in the completed green form and a money order from the post office (killed 2 birds with one stone). BTW, I wrote the wrong city (Kihei) on my request form and I still got my certificates really quickly.

Happily, I already have my new SSN card in hand and will go into the DMV on Monday. I'm thinking I should wear my hair down. Anyone have suggestions
              Jocelynn and Shawn
              Got Maui'd on November 8,2008
              http://www.thebump.c....step=5&radio=C

#7 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:43 AM

so confused about the green form. I guess my WC took care of it, because we received out marriage certificate in the mail about 2 months after our wedding day.

P.S. Changing your name with the SS office in Phoenix sucks. You have to do it in person & there are only 2 offices in the entire Valley. Ugh!

#8 Cabo - A

Cabo - A
                • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hi girls,

Ok, I'm confused. Why do you need certified copies of your marriage license? I received my CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE in the mail about a week and a half ago (it's also green). Is there something I'm supposed to do with this in order to chage my last name? I thought the certificate of marriage was all you needed to change your last name...

Any help would be appreciated!

Hawaiian Bride (formely Cabo - A)

#9 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

I believe the green copy IS the certified marriage certificate. Almost every company you change your name with will want a copy of that marriage certificate. Some want a real copy, others will be okay with a faxed copy. That is why you order extras. Usually ordering the extras gets them to you in the mail faster than that one copy. Depends how busy they are I guess :)

#10 Paula hawaii

Paula hawaii
                    • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

Hello, 

I am getting married in hawaii at the court house next week. Where can I find this "green form"??? We are in a hurry to get the marriage certificate because I am here on visa and it is about to expire. Help pls!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users