Totally frustrated... (venting)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

I am officially 1 week late for Aunt Flow. I am always regular. DH and I have been "sort of" TTC for 4 months now. By that I mean we aren't charting, but I'm aware of when things are supposed to happen. I've now taken what feels like 100 pregnancy tests, and they've all been negative except 1, and that one was really faint and was followed 2 days later by a negative. I'm totally confused about what's going on with my body! I'm a doctor, so inherently I know that my hormones are probably just off this month for some reason, but its utterly frustrating! I have an appointment Monday with the OB, but my hubby is driving me nuts. Everyday he wants me to take another test, and to be honest, its really depressing when they come up with a single line...

#2 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

Oh Jenn that must be so frustrating here is to hoping for some clarity from the OB AND a big fat positive soon!!!!
      btw i have missed you on here!

#3 -Kate-

• VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

Seriously - if you start charting it takes a lot of the frustration out of it. Granted, it adds new frustration - but at least you know for sure what is going on. And it's cheaper than POAS.

Been there - I know how much it sucks.

#4 missdanelle

• 687 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

That is very frustrating Jenn, I hope that you get those two bright red lines soon enough! Atleast the trying part is fun huh!
          Good luck to you and your husband!

#5 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for listening :) I've missed you girls too! And Mo - OMG 33wks already! I really haven't been around...

I think the thing that is hardest is that my DH is convinced we're pregnant, so he got rid of my Diet Coke, won't let me drink a beer, and keeps pouring me glasses of milk - lol. And except for him, I don't want to talk to anyone about it, because my mom will go crazy that she's going to be a Nana! We decided not to tell friends we were trying, so that's out as well. Its been a really emotionally trying week. Everytime I take one I think it'll turn positive, try to distract myself for 5 minutes, and then deal with the disappoint - again.

I know this is just the beginning of the rollercoaster of TTC, but it sucks. We were planning on starting to chart this month, and really give it the old try, but I'd need to actually get AF for that to start!

#6 Kelly C

Kelly C
            • 2,051 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

Oh Jen, Sorry your going thru this. Try to stay positive. They say your more likely to have a false negative than a false positive. Good Luck keep us in the loop.
              Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#7 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,328 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

jenn, i have no advice! BUT i wish you plenty of luck, it must be incredibly frustrating.

#8 katken

• 268 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:02 PM

Hi Jenn,

I'm so sorry you're frustrated. I don't have any good advice, as we aren't even married yet, just wanted you to know I'm sending you positive thoughts in hopes that it happens soon!

Best of luck!

#9 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:27 PM

grrrrrr jenn that does suck hopefully you will either get a full on AF asap or get some bfp symptoms stat!

ps, glad to see you back around again!

#10 Spazz

• VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:59 AM

Jenn, I'm sorry it's been so frustrating. I hope it comes back positive this month! That's cute (probably annoying to you though) that Sam is being so concerned and making you drink milk and whatnot. Keep us updated on what's going on!

I've missed you around here too!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users