Want to start "baby-trying" in March....

Nanner431

For those of you who are pregnant or have had children already...how long of trying did it take before you got pregnant? I have been on the pill for many, many years and will go off in March - right after our Vegas trip....haha. I am sooooo excited to start trying and hubby seems to be pretty excited too now that we have talked about it and made an agreement about when to start....I wanted to start in January after honeymoon and he wanted to start after summer so that I could have one more "beer drinking" summer...lol. So we met in the middle after we planned our Vegas trip.

It took us two months. I used fertilityfriend.com just to see when my most fertile days were (I had a certain time frame I wanted to have a child in which is why I did this) and I missed them the first month, but on the second month, BAM!, pregnant. So we were pretty lucky in that way.

Good luck with the babymaking!

I have been blessed with two wonderful kids. Zoe, who's 8, and Wyatt, who's 14 months. Unfortunatly neither of them were planned. With Wyatt I was on the pill for 5 years and had to go off due to a hospital visit. I was in the hospital from Jan. 27 to Feb 1st. Well come Valentine's Day....Oh.....Preggo Samie. Very much unexpected. I hadn't gone back the pill yet cause they said to wait for "Aunt Flow" to come and all that jazz. So....I was off the pill for like a total of 15 days and I got pregnant. If you want to get pregnant fast....I hope this happens to you.

Congrats on getting ready for baby making!!!! I am starting in March too! Maybe not the brightest thing to do since I am not getting married until April. But I don't mind giving up drinking at the wedding or on the honeymoon if that means having a baby!

Any way I have a 5 year old now that I got pregnant with when I was on bc while taking antibiotics (I didn't know that the antibiotics would mess up the bc). So it wasn't a long process for me at all. I am crossing my fingers that it will be that easy this time too.

Good luck!!!!

Well....I got prego on the weddingmoon. But I went off the pill about 6 months prior and started taking prenatal vitamins. So the first month we tried I got prego. I would start your prenatals now ( u can get them anywhere) so your folic acid is up when you are ready. With my first child which is now 9, I went off the pill and got prego right away too. No preplanning that one. Good luck! let us know.

I've been off the pill since August, and although we aren't charting, we aren't pregos either... It definitely varies person to person. Definitely start vitamins now if you are planning to start trying in March :) Any good multi-vit with folate will do. You may want to have a pre-pregnancy planning visit with your OB as well. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellywinter1 View Post
Congrats on getting ready for baby making!!!! I am starting in March too! Maybe not the brightest thing to do since I am not getting married until April. But I don't mind giving up drinking at the wedding or on the honeymoon if that means having a baby!!
This was basically what happened to me. I got pregnant in April (planned), got married in May. It did kind of suck not being able to drink during the wedding and honeymoon, but it was totally worth it. The only downside is that I threw up a few times on the way to the ceremony (I had horrid "morning" sickness). Luckily I refrained from barfing during the ceremony, but I felt nauseas a couple of times during the vows.