When do we dance?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

I need some help, ladies!!!

Our wedding is at Riu Negril.....Ceremony is at 4pm, dinner is at 9pm... semi-private reception in one of the restaurants.

My question is.....when do we do our dancing? Right after the ceremony on the beach (I could do the cocktail hour for $10-$15 per person)? Or do they allow you to play music/dance during the dinner?

I just don't know what to do for a "reception" or how to fill the time between the ceremony and dinner. I don't want to wait to do it at the disco because my son is 9 and won't be allowed in the disco, and I'm not sure how tired he will be by the time dinner is through.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

I say dance when you want to dance!!
      It's your wedding and you can do what you want!!

I personally (well...we!) will be doing our dance right after the ceremony. We'll be doing a toast...then right into the dance! It helps that our ceremony location will be on a clifftop gazebo overlooking the ocean!! It's just such a beautiful spot that I couldn't imagine dancing our first song as husband & wife anywhere else!!

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
      • 202 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

Wow that sounds beautifully romantic!! I am interested to see what everyones responses are to this. Its something I too was a little confused about.

#4 klopez

klopez
        • 176 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:35 PM

I am confused about this too. We are doing the beach reception and I thought it would be nice if we did our first dance at that time (after dinner which is in Mammee Bay). I want to be inside a circle of candles in the dark right by the water!

#5 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:39 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by klopez
            I am confused about this too. We are doing the beach reception and I thought it would be nice if we did our first dance at that time (after dinner which is in Mammee Bay). I want to be inside a circle of candles in the dark right by the water!
            Oh...wow! That sounds amazing!!!
            We are having a semi-private dinner, with no real reception - so there was really no where else that I though we could do it. I didn't really want it to be at dinner with everyone else in the restaurant looking at us!!

#6 klopez

klopez
            • 176 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:43 PM

Never mind Bachata Bride....you're option sounds amazing!!!! Right on a cliff...(sigh)...so beautiful!

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

We're both Newfoundlanders and it really reminds us of home - like a lighthouse on the point!! (minus the palm trees of course!! LOL)

#8 klopez

klopez
                • 176 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

newfoundland comparable to jamaica?!?!?!?! who knew! haha i think i should take my ass down to Nfld!

#9 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:55 PM

Believe me...its not the weather!!!
                    Just the scenery...the ocean & the mountains...lush green forests! It really is beautiful there!

probably one of the most famous pics...you can actually hike to where this guy is standing!

Sorry for the hijack!! - but it's what I do best! lol

#10 klopez

klopez
                    • 176 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

i just realized you are getting married in DR...how the heck did you end up in Jamaica-related threads lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users