Photo

Our offer was accepted on a house!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

I'm trying not to get too excited, but our offer was just accepted on a beautiful house we wanted!! It's a short-sale, so it still needs to go through a BOA (broker's opinion of appraisal) and the bank has to approve the appraisal amount. There are so many shortsales in Southern CA right now, so we feel very positive that the bank will rather accept than go into forclosure because that's been happening with most of the homes in this specific area. The house sold in 2005 for $700,000 and we offered $480,000, can you believe that?!

We put an offer on a house a few months ago and it fell out of escrow because the buyers didn't disclose a major issue with the house, so I hope everything goes well with this one!

I don't have any pics at the moment, but I will try to get some as soon as possible. But here some of the specs of the house-

Built in 2003, located in Corona
    End of a cul-de-sac
    11,700 sq ft lot and home is 3,600 sq ft
    3 car garage
    Rock pool and jacuzzi
    Covered outside patio w/ full outside kitchen (sink, BBQ, fridge, etc.)
    5 bedrooms, 3 baths
    formal dining and living room, family room
    additional living room upstairs

The house just needs a few cosmetic repairs (replace carpet upstairs, fresh paint) but other than that it's great! I hope the inspection and appraisal go well!!

Please keep you fingers crossed for us because we have worked very hard saving for this dream house!!! Geez this is a big month, I find out I'm pregnant and get a house all within a few weeks! I hope everything works out!! It's so difficult not to let your emotions take over you!!

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

Oh I think I missed the pregnancy announcement Congratulations! And the house sounds beautiful and huge! Goodluck I hope it goes through.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

Congratulations on EVERYTHING!!! I'm so excited for you!! The house sounds beautiful, can't wait to see pictures. What a great christmas for you!

#4 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
        • 1,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

Wow that is awesome news! I wish you guys the best in everything! Can't wait to se the pics!

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:03 PM

Good luck good luck good luck! Fingers are crossed! Just be patient if you can :) - I had an offer in on a short sale in San Diego and it was accepted but it was taking too long so I backed out

#6 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

Good Luck with the house and the pregnancy, I must have missed that!!!
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#7 Dana_C

Dana_C
              • 348 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

Congratulations! So many exciting changes- I wish you the best!

#8 Amarillis

Amarillis
                • 1,913 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

Great news... my fingers are crossed for you!

#9 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

Oh that is SSSSOOOOO exciting!!!! I am so crossing fingers for you! It sounds - size wise and amenities similar to the one we are hoping to get here in SC - but our house has to sell before we can close any deals of our own. ;-(

Keep us posted and I can't wait to see PICS!!!!

And CONGRATS on your pregnancy! I am jealous of you all around!!!!

#10 KatyKo

KatyKo
                    • 851 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:22 PM

Good luck!! We are sort of in the same boat as you when it comes to the waiting game on a house we are trying to buy! It is so hard not to get excited :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users