What made you choose your resort?
Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:34 PM
We will be having a a super small guest list (only inviting immediate family...and I'm only expecting the the most 10 guests) and I know that keeping it affordable for those that are going to be there is a top priority. Other than that we have no limitations/restrictions.
I just look at beautiful pictures and no decision is even close to being made - lol
Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:47 PM
Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:04 PM
Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:29 AM
* Guests budgets - a lot of our guests wanted a resort vacation package under $1500. There is also an option for people to upgrade to the 5star Royal Service if they want.
* Childrens Activities - Flinstones Club for kids- people in the beginning told us they were taking their kids, now I am am pretty sure they are not even coming
* Resort Size -the resort is huge and tons of gardens, pools and restaruants. For me, my two siblings basically hate each other so I needed a place where they wouldn't run into each other (now they both aren't going)
* Gazebo and Gardens - the gazebo is really pretty. I was afraid if we opted for the beach I'd have photo's of us exchanging rings and someone topless or in a speedo in the background.
Hope this helps.
Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:08 PM
We thought it was going to be too pricey, but once we started pricing the different resorts, found out this one was one of the most reasonable!
We also wanted something family oriented bc we had 7 kids coming, and they all loved it, but it was also not overrun with kids. There were plenty of activites for kids and adults, and the resort is beautiful, the food awesome, and the staff was amazing!
Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:29 PM
- all inclusive
- kids allowed
- how far from airport
- good food and a lot of restaurants, I wanted my guests to have a lot of different choices
- quality of rooms (dh insisted the rooms had jacuzzi tubs in them, it was his one demand but caused so much stress trying to accomadate it)
- a nice beach and pool (with swim up bar)
- wedding choices and contact with the WC. I wanted a place that didnt take the WC weeks to get back to me. I emailed a lot of resorts and asked questions. If somewhere took too long I weeded them out. Keep in mind it does average 3 days for most resort's WCs to email you back but if its taking a week that's probably not good. I had very little contact with the WC until the last month, because i wasnt ready to make decisions until then. but in that last month she got back to me on a daily basis. also i looked at for the wedding portion
-wedding locations and reception locations. I wanted a beach weddingI would sit down with your fi and make a list of things you would really like at the resort and a price range. Than maybe talk to a TA to get some recomendations.
- menu choices
- reception prices
Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:33 PM
Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:14 PM
I think you will know it when you see it...
Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:02 PM
Need I say more??
Also, it was probably the most affordable for our guests - while still keeping the quality. Plus it offers a "free" wedding with 5 rooms & 10 guests booked!
Good Luck!! It is definitely not an easy decision!! I had picked this one from the get go...but then of course had to look at a hundred other ones before I finally decided on this one!
Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:47 PM
Ladies - I think I'm down to a very short list thanks so much for all your help!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users