Photo

So disappointed!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MelissaH

MelissaH
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:19 AM

We put out disposable cameras on all of our tables at our reception and had a little photo scavenger hunt for everyone - I was so excited because all of the cameras were full so I thought I'd end up with a ton of awesome pictures.

Well today I went and got them developed and ALL of the pictures are crappy...they're all dark and blurry. I don't know if it was because no one was using the flash or if the cameras were just crappy, but now I'm totally disappointed

#2 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:21 AM

That sucks!!! What a bummer. What did you end up doing for your scavenger hunt? I still want to do one, maybe I'll have to x out the idea of disposables Which ones did you use? Kodak?

Sorry to hear about this melissa

#3 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:22 AM

Melissa this was one of my favorite ideas and then Tammy (the host) told me not to waste my money b/c you will end up spending so much money getting the pics developed and they will be blurry, crappy pics that wasted people took. I think it is one of the best pieces of advice I got on this forum. If I would have known you were planning on doing this I would have warned you. That sucks that they don't look good!

-Glenda

#4 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
      • 413 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:57 AM

I feel the same way as you do Melissa!!! I had 6 disposable cameras, 2 of which were never returned to us, and the rest we spent $40 on developing, and we have MAYBE 6 good photos...the rest are all blurry and dark!!! I wish I would have known about it before hand, I definitely wouldn't have wasted the money. Oh well, lesson learned, now we can warn other brides!!!!

Lindsay

#5 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:10 AM

Ideally this seems like a good idea, but it always turns out to be a big waste. My bro and SIL did this for their wedding. well it turns out that most of the camera's were stolen by kids and when we finally got them back they we learned that hardley anyone took any pics.

#6 Jessica

Jessica
          • VIP Member
          • 11,939 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:40 AM

aww. that sucks. i was so looking forward to doing this. now i'm wondering if it's even worth spending money on the cameras, especially since our reception will be outside in the evening. probably not so great for good shots.

#7 kay726

kay726
            • 218 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

I am sorry to hear this as I know you were looking forward to candid shots.

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:13 AM

That stinks Melissa! I was thinking about doing this too, but probably wont' waste the money now that I've heard about everyone elses experience.

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                Melissa this was one of my favorite ideas and then Tammy (the host) told me not to waste my money b/c you will end up spending so much money getting the pics developed and they will be blurry, crappy pics that wasted people took. I think it is one of the best pieces of advice I got on this forum. If I would have known you were planning on doing this I would have warned you. That sucks that they don't look good!

-Glenda
                wow, glenda...you listen to my advice just kidding...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:10 PM

Wow, good thing you brought this up - I was going to do this too but will nix that idea now!!
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users