Photo

Gift from couple...who have now broken up!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 anaderoux

anaderoux
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:02 PM

I have a slightly different opinion, but maybe because here in Mexico we don't expect thank you cards for gifts.. I think that sending her the thank you card would just remind her all the drama when maybe she's working on forgetting about it..

That would be my only concern..

#22 MelissaH

MelissaH
    • 1,724 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:31 PM

Here's some more drama....my sister went on a date with him last night!

#23 Debs

Debs
      • VIP Member
      • 7,104 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

Holy crap! HAHAHA!! That's nuts! Were they living together and everything? Wow.

I'd send him the thank you with an enclosed dog collar! HAHAHAHA!!!!

#24 MelissaH

MelissaH
        • 1,724 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Debs
          Holy crap! HAHAHA!! That's nuts! Were they living together and everything? Wow.

I'd send him the thank you with an enclosed dog collar! HAHAHAHA!!!!
          LOL too funny

They weren't living together - thank God!! Could you imagine?

#25 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mexicomelissa
          Here's some more drama....my sister went on a date with him last night!
          since he is now single..i dont see a problem with that...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#26 MelissaH

MelissaH
          • 1,724 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:08 PM

I don't understand it though - she saw how he treated this girl all week and she still goes out with him?

#27 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mexicomelissa
            I don't understand it though - she saw how he treated this girl all week and she still goes out with him?
            i know...i'd be a little leery but my DH was the biggest player before we met...he is in a band and used to model so he had a ton og groupies...he had not had a gf for 8 years before me because he was too busy playing the field. when he asked me to be his gf and started introducing me to his friends as his gf, people were freaking out...i remember i befriended a girl in his social circle and she admitted that all these girls were wondering who i was and what i did to him...(lots of bj's... )

so i guy can change if he finds the right girl

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#28 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by host
              since he is now single..i dont see a problem with that...
              i don't think it's a problem per se, but if that was my sister, i'd be a little weary. i mean as nice as this guy is, he still did a really crappy thing and therefore revealed he has the potential to be a jerk again at some point.

i don't know how long he was together with his ex, but personally if a guy hit on me while with some other chick, and then dumped her in such a manner, i don't think i'd be in a big rush to go on a date with him.

but eh, to each their own.

#29 SarahMc

SarahMc
              • 146 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:01 AM

I'd definitely send two thank you's - as someone else pointed out she probably bought the gift. If you are sort of friends with her too, it might be good/helpful for her to know you haven't totally dropped her because of what her ex did. I'd watch out for your sister too, if he dumped someone on a trip to Mexico for a wedding, he seems like he might have the potential to do something not so nice to your sister (even if he is a generally nice guy). Sorry, don't mean to sound b*tchy about a friend of yours, but it kind of reminds me of guys who drop their girlfriends at prom at high school, not too mature.
                Sarah & James
                Dreams Los Cabos
                June 28, 2007

#30 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
                • 631 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:12 AM

I would send them each a thank you card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users