Photo

Gift from couple...who have now broken up!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:51 PM

Agree - send out a card to each. I can't help but feel bad for that girl though. wow - right in the middle of a vacation! I would have kicked him out of the room if he's so anxious to leave anyways! How were things during the wedding - or did you even notice them?!?
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#12 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:06 AM

i'd send a card to each.

but wow!! what an interesting trip that was.

kinda crappy move on the guy's part though!

#13 MelissaH

MelissaH
      • 1,724 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:15 AM

Things were fine with them at the wedding (they didn't arrive until the day before) it was after the wedding that things started to go downhill. He was all over my sister and my 2 cousins right in front of his now ex. It even got to the point where the girl pulled my cousin into a bathroom and asked if there was something going on between any of them and this guy. And every night even though she would be dead tired she would force herself to stay awake and out with him (sometimes until 4:30am) to make sure that he wasn't up to no good. How awkward eh?

He says he hasn't felt the same about her for the past few months - but then why bring her on vacation with you? Especially if you plan to hit on everything that breathes while she's standing right next to you.

It's such a weird situation to be in though...they're both friends, and ya what he did was brutal, but he's still a good guy (in most respects), ya know? I almost feel bad for thinking he's such a dog, because I know that he's not like that towards anyone else....but then I feel so bad for her because I know it was totally unexpected and she was really really hurt and embarrassed and feel like I should kick him in the nuts.

#14 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:19 AM

Wow! That's such a tough situation to be in (the girl that is). So harsh. As I read over this thread I felt horrible for her. Poor thing. Oh well, life sucks at times. LOL

IMO I would send her a thank you card - I wonder if she had a good time with all that going on? I think that would be the trip from HELL.

#15 MelissaH

MelissaH
        • 1,724 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:20 AM

I hope she had an OK time apart from that...myself and my best friend tried to keep her occupied and when we were busy my dad had her out snorkelling hah so I hope that it didn't TOTALLY ruin her trip

#16 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
          • LocationUtah

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:22 AM

Awe, that was sweet of you and your friend. That's a tough situation for everyone to be in I guess.

#17 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
          • VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:25 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mexicomelissa
            Things were fine with them at the wedding (they didn't arrive until the day before) it was after the wedding that things started to go downhill. He was all over my sister and my 2 cousins right in front of his now ex. It even got to the point where the girl pulled my cousin into a bathroom and asked if there was something going on between any of them and this guy. And every night even though she would be dead tired she would force herself to stay awake and out with him (sometimes until 4:30am) to make sure that he wasn't up to no good. How awkward eh?

He says he hasn't felt the same about her for the past few months - but then why bring her on vacation with you? Especially if you plan to hit on everything that breathes while she's standing right next to you.

It's such a weird situation to be in though...they're both friends, and ya what he did was brutal, but he's still a good guy (in most respects), ya know? I almost feel bad for thinking he's such a dog, because I know that he's not like that towards anyone else....but then I feel so bad for her because I know it was totally unexpected and she was really really hurt and embarrassed and feel like I should kick him in the nuts.
            Wow, makes you wonder what their time alone together was like during the trip? If I were her, I would have been so embarassed. To me, there's no excuse for behaving so poorly - out of respect for the way the relationship had been in the past, there's no way I would have behaved like that toward another person.

#18 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

Wow, what a sticky situation. I feel bad for the girl.

But, like everyone else, I would def send seperate thank yous.

#19 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mexicomelissa
              Things were fine with them at the wedding (they didn't arrive until the day before) it was after the wedding that things started to go downhill. He was all over my sister and my 2 cousins right in front of his now ex.

that is just awful...if he didn't feel that way towards her he should have not taken her and at the wedding at least been respectful of her and her feelings...broken up with her and then started pursueing other woman. to put myself in the gals shoes, how horrible.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#20 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

Interesting thread, lol.

I'd say it's unanimous - definitely send separate thank you's!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users