Photo

Brrrr- it's -32 Celsius outside

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:57 AM

I know what you're feeling! This morning when I woke up at 9 it was -12 fahrenheit and -40 w/ windchill. Its a little warmer now. It's -21 right now. It's cold, but you don't live in this area and not expect cold. My car starts up great. Although our roads are coverd in an inch of ice. I still go out and get stuff done, it's just more difficult keeping my 8 month old bundled up and happy. If she gets so bundled that she can't move she gets a bit upset!

#12 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:13 AM

Yikes, that's cold! It's been in the high 40's here at night which is darn cold for L.A. Seems like we're all in a bit of a cold spell...except for Florida which I hear has great weather right now :)

#13 KLC77

KLC77
      • 2,207 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:23 AM

Holy cow ladies, that's freakin COLD! I would never leave the house. I'd have everything delivered here so I could stay in sweatpants and fuzzy socks! I did get a little sad the other day thinking that winter hasn't even officially begun. I'm ready for it to be over and it hasn't even started.
        ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#14 sunset78

sunset78
        • 1,280 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, I got to experience the -45 windchill... damn it we're not suppose to get those temps until Jan/Feb. So apparently -45C is equal to -49F.... too cold!!!!

#15 heather007

heather007
          • 620 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:26 PM

You live in Ft McMurray, we are moving there [possibly] in a few years with Francis' job.

~~

#16 sunset78

sunset78
            • 1,280 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

Right on, the cold snap here isn't going away.... has been typically -30 something for a last while it seems with no end in sight...lol I hate winter... lol

#17 BC Bride2be

BC Bride2be
              • 636 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

brrrrr now that's cold. And I was feeling sorry for us BC folk with the -16 (with the wind chill) temp this morning, I can't imagine below 40!!! I'm now thinking we're just a bunch of whimps out here! lol
                and go get a new winter jacket!! I'm sure you find some really good deals on right now. ps- congrats on your weight loss :)

#18 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

We finally got to 15 degrees the other day, then another snow storm came in. It's cold, but I'm not gonna lie I'm really excited!!!! We now have plenty of snow so I can head up to the ski resort!!!!!

#19 townie princess

townie princess
                  • 298 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

Isn't it sad that after that cold snap (of 2 weeks!) that I now consider -15C warm!

Ugh, anyone mind if I crash their DW? I don't think I can handle the entire winter up here.

#20 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,569 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

I hear it! I skiied all weekend at Keystone and it was fabulous, but yesterday it was -15 F and after 4 hours I was over it. The side of my face looked like it had white blisters and I was like *HOLY S&%T* I almost have frost bite. So got in the car headed back to Denver and I was chilled to the bone for hours until I sat in my FI's parents hot tub for an hour followed by a hot shower at thier house. I was quite the dinner guest last night!!! LOL!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users