Photo

AHR Menu Help????

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 happygilmore

happygilmore
  • 576 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:52 PM

We are in the process of beginning to try and plan our AHR. We are planning on 200 people for the AHR, and have a friends parents doing the catering. We are trying to come up with a menu. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

#2 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
    • 2,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

Are you planning on doing a sit down meal or something more just like heavy hors d'oeuvres?

#3 Cattie

Cattie
      • 594 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:08 PM

For our AHR, we're having an hour cocktail reception followed by a buffet.

For our buffet, we're having sliced pork with au jus, roast beef with tiny mushrooms, and chicken cutlets. For veggies we're having green beans almondine, broccoli cauliflower and carrot medley, and garlic potatoes. Linguini with alfredo sauce as our pasta. A spring green salad with champagne vinaigrette.

Along with our wedding cake, we're having a dessert table.

Hope this helps!!

#4 lil_miss_frogg

lil_miss_frogg
        • 826 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

We are planning on doing a either a bbq style dinner....ie: pulled pork, turkey, and beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn on cob, and lots of other southern food. Like you we have a lot of people coming to ours...and this is going to be the cheapest route for us. We are getting a pavillion near the lake in our area, to keep with the beachy theme. And have swimming, games, dancing, food, drinks, and cake. Hope this helps!

~Samie~

http://i44.tinypic.com/aemd8w.jpg
          My Babies
          "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
          it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"
          http://tickers.Ticke....00ff/event.pnghttp://tickers.Ticke....JZW/weight.png

#5 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
          • 361 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

We're doing a Mexican buffet with fajitas, rice, beans- the works... with a margarita machine and stuff like that... it kinda ties in that we were married in Mexico- what do you think?

#6 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
            • 1,097 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

we are not having an AHR but I always find that Italian is great and always goes a long way. You can get Chix Marsala, Baked Ziti, Lasagna, cold salads, meatballs, finger foods, etc .

#7 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
              • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:55 PM

For our AHR which is in just a few weeks.... we have planned the following:

Cocktail Hr- Cheese and Cracker tray with vegetable crudit¨s

Dinner- Soup, Salad, Choice of Prime Rib or Chicken Statler, along with Baby Carrots Vichy, and or Green Bean Almondine, with a rice Pilaf.

Dessert - wedding cake along with a treat station

#8 happygilmore

happygilmore
                • 576 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

Those all sound like wonderful ideas. My friends parents are going to cook for us, which helps with the budget end of things but I just found out that we can only have the AHR place for 5 hours so now I am thinking I want something that is fast and easy to serve so we can spend more time having fun dancing and drinking!

#9 KatyKo

KatyKo
                  • 851 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

We were originally thinking about doing just the BBQ-Southern thing, but my Papaw is coming up from Savannah and I thought it would be awesome if he brought some fresh shrimp off the boat and we did a Low Country Boil (shrimp, potatoes, corn on the cob and sausage). You can have some slaw and maybe some salad and it is a yummy and filling meal. A friend of ours had that at their reception and it went over really well. Good luck!

#10 happygilmore

happygilmore
                    • 576 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

I like the idea of easy and "summery" because we are getting married May 15th and our AHR is Saturday, June 6th!

I tell you my AHR is freaking me out more than my actual wedding! Thank god for DW!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users