So Confused! Looking for suggestions

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Andre

• 603 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

All the best,

#12 sdnative222

• 136 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:52 PM

Congratulations. You'll love this forum. Be sure to search other Mexico locations as suggested by other BDW posts.

I started planning for 50 guests on the Big Island in Hawaii. After reading a few posts, I moved everything to Maui....and it was amazing.

Good luck!
      Jocelynn and Shawn
      Got Maui'd on November 8,2008

#13 Susanandmo

• 698 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:47 AM

& happy planning!

We are getting married at the new Dreams in Nuevo Vallarta and I've heard great things about the beach there. It will be our first time as well, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I've looked at pictures from DW at Punta Cana and they look absolutely amazing...

You'll find great info here...

Best of luck and keep me posted on your wedding plans.

#14 MarieSam

• VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:15 AM

You've definitely come to the right place!!

I've been to Cabo several times and the beaches we make it a point to visit and are absolutely gorgeous are Chileno and Santa Maria Bay. Although both do not currently have resorts on them, I think they are building some type of "housing/hotel" near both -- at least that's what it seemed to be when I vacationed there in August 08. Other than those two, the main beach is Playa Medano and there are several resorts along that strip. The beach is swimmable on most days, although I wouldn't say it's the vision of clear, calm waters that you might see in say Cancun or other tropical areas.

I personally LOVE the Cancun/Riviera Maya areas. Playa del Carmen, a town which is situated between Cancun and Tulum is a small scale version of Cancun and has wonderful beaches as well. There are tons of resorts in the area and several brides here that have chosen resorts along that strip with beautiful, swimmable beaches. I suggest looking through these forum sections and reviewing what brides have said about the beaches. That's a good way to rack up points too!!

Another great site that will give you aerial images on what the beaches look like in the Riviera Maya areas is locogrino.com. Hope that helps!!!

Best of luck

#15 jaxsebridetobe

• 44 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:26 PM

Thanks everyone! And thanks to those who gave me some suggestions for wedding locations! I will get on this forum more often soon to look around. (my computer is so slow! and it seems to take forever to look around) :)

#16 StarAndJay

• 130 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:30 PM

Welcome to the forum! You should find plenty of info here to help you make a decision!

#17 Signature Weddings

Signature Weddings
              • 10 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

You will find great options at Los Cabos, mi number one for a private wedding would be Casa del Mar, they have amazing venues and great rooms, you can look at Casa del Mar
                You can also check other Cabo locations here: Los Cabos Wedding Planning | Wedding Location | Wedding Reception Los Cabos
                Good luck and have a great planning!

#18 KLO

• 1,084 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

& Congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users