Shipping to Cabo

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 PVBride

• 443 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:36 PM

My WC advised me not to ship anything to Mexico(Puerto Vallarta, specifically). She said that more often than not, items don't arrive. I was a little bummed by this b/c we have lots of stuff to bring also. However, I think I would rather pay the extra luggage fee, and know that everything will arrive safely with me.

#22 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

ya I think im just going to pay the extra luggage fee...it would be annoying to loose stuff and then have to go buy it again in cabo.
      Anthony & Angela
      19 June 2008

#23 starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

You'd be surprised how much you can fit without going over. None of ours came in over 50 pounds each, the closest came to 46. Another bonus about bringing stuff down is that you have an empty piece of luggage to stuff with souveniers on the way home :o)

#24 dmj916

• 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

I actually just shipped some boxes via fedex international today. It is pretty detailed all the forms you have to fill out. I spoke directly with a shipping broker in Cabo that deals with big shipments from the US to Mexico and he recommended Fedex or DHL for smaller event shipping. Everything should arrive within 4 days, go through customs review, and delivered to Mariana @ Dreams. I gave myself about 2 weeks for the stuff to get there.
          Jamie and Darius
          August 25th, 2007

#25 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:44 PM

i had a bride ship a bunch of things to mexico...gave it a bunch of time to het to cabo, filled otu paperwork exactly as she was supposed to and it never made it in time for the wedding...it ended up in tiajuana...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#26 Can'tHardlyWait

• 812 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

I am so bummed to hear that! I really want to just ship everything and not deal with customs... but I rather deal with luggage than losing everything!

#27 dmj916

• 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

I will keep you updated on my shipment. I just checked it and it is in transit to Los Cabos, cleared customs from Guadalajara. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
              Jamie and Darius
              August 25th, 2007

#28 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

GOOD LUCK!!!
                Anthony & Angela
                19 June 2008

#29 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

Thanks, Good Luck!!!
                  Anthony & Angela
                  19 June 2008

#30 sunshine0714

• 117 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

I'm thinking of shipping some stuff to the resort too! I did pick out smaller lanterns for centerpieces, but i'm sure i want to pack them with me! I hate lugging around suitcases and I'm worried if I check the suitcase filled with more fragile items, they may get broken. Its harder than I thought to plan a destination wedding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users