Soldering?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

Hey girls!

I was just wondering how many of you are planning on or have gotten your e-ring and wedding band soldered together after your wedding? It is something I am seriously considering...

If not, how come?

#2 Chiquita

Chiquita
    • 2,674 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

I am for sure.. I've just been a bit lazy to go have it done. The place where my husband bought my e-ring and the matching wedding band will do it for free so it's just a matter of me going there and dropping them off :)

#3 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:41 PM

I actually just picked mine up from the jeweler about thirty minutes ago! I'm glad I did it already is less agravating

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

i'm pretty sure this has been discussed before. i think i remember saying that i'm not going to because we plan on upgrading my orig wedding band at some point and i dont want it to be a pain to undo the temp one later.

then depending on the band we get later, i may or may not depending on the style and how it looks. also i have a different e-ring than my solitaire (the ring he used to propose was a placeholder) so when i get a new band i do plan on soldering the orig e-ring and the orig wedding band together and wearing on my right hand :) so i guess my answer is yes AND no :)

#5 Anna83

Anna83
        • 288 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

I am definately getting them soldered together. It will drive me crazy if they are not perfectly lined up all the time! I'm a little ocd about those things lol.

#6 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
          • 354 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

I am definitely getting my soldered together because my wedding band is a wrap so my e-ring fits right in the middle of the it. It would be so annoying for it to constantly twist around and not be lined up properly. I plan on having them soldered right before the wedding so I guess the last few weeks before we get married, I'll be ringless... :-(
            - Grace
            Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
            Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
            Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
            Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#7 aeroo

aeroo
            • 153 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:21 AM

I'm not getting mine soldered together because sometimes I like to just wear my ering alone and sometimes I like to wear just the band alone. I just like to be able to mix it up once in awhile! Also, my ering is platinum and the wedding band is white gold, so it might be a problem if later on I need to get the band re-dipped or the ering polished. But the main reason is because I like the flexibility of just wearing one or the other, or both!

#8 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

Very interesting answers, thanks girls!

I'm kind of on the same thought pattern as aeroo but my e-ring and wedding band fit together like puzzle pieces, so I can't wear the wedding band alone. I know that my mom had her e-ring and wedding band soldered together and when she doesn't want to wear her fancy rings (like when she travels), she wears a plain gold band that she bought herself as a placeholder of sorts...maybe this is what I will do too. :)

#9 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

Very interesting answers, thanks girls!

I'm kind of on the same thought pattern as aeroo but my e-ring and wedding band fit together like puzzle pieces, so I can't wear the wedding band alone. I know that my mom had her e-ring and wedding band soldered together and when she doesn't want to wear her fancy rings (like when she travels), she wears a plain gold band that she bought herself as a placeholder of sorts...maybe this is what I will do too. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users