Photo

Anyone have a tried and true homemade fudge recipe

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Christi

Christi
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

I'd like to make some as gifts for coworkers...and some for DH and me...yum!

#2 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Oh hell yes! And it's the easiest thing you've ever imagined. It was my Great Aunt's recipe.

Fernie’s Fudge
    1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz)
    ½ c. butter
    2 slightly beaten eggs
    1 lb. Powdered sugar
    1 ½ t. vanilla
    1 c. chopped walnuts
    Melt chips with butter. Remove from heat and add eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir until everything is incorporated and smooth. Add the walnuts and stir until evenly distributed. Pour into 7x11 buttered pan and allow to cool.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 Christi

Christi
    • 1,905 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:48 PM

Thank you for this...I'm going to try it this weekend......I got on some site and it said i needed a candy thermometer and all this other crap and I'm thinking...um hello...I'm not godiva!

#4 jen_trev

jen_trev
      • 71 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:37 AM

Mmmmm that sounds so good! I think I will be making that this week

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

oh, i love good fudge...i once saw this super easy recipe that included marshmallow fluff from the jar...i really wanted to try it.

maybe i will make this next week...can't this week...had a bday party last night for a friend and i still have a 1/2 of a coldstone icecream cake, and truffles...so that should last me a few days.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Christi

Christi
        • 1,905 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

I actually ended up going with this recipe...OMG, it was soooo good...the expresso made it taste amazing and I don't like the taste of coffee...go figure!

Espresso-Chocolate Fudge Recipe at Epicurious.com

#7 lexibride

lexibride
          • 276 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

Can I tell you the easiest fudge recipe I've ever used

1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
            1 can sweetened condensed milk
            1 tsp vanilla

Pour the milk and chips in a microwave bowl and microwave in intervals until melted start with 30 seconds and go from there. When fully melted add 1 tsp of vanilla and pour into a foil lined 8x8 pan and then cool.

This recipe is super easy and you can add all kinds of things like globs of peanut butter, candies, peppermint extract, walnuts, or anything!

#8 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
            • 516 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tammy Host
              oh, i love good fudge...i once saw this super easy recipe that included marshmallow fluff from the jar...i really wanted to try it.

maybe i will make this next week...can't this week...had a bday party last night for a friend and i still have a 1/2 of a coldstone icecream cake, and truffles...so that should last me a few days.
              Ok the recipe on the back of the marshmellow cream jar is called fantasy fudge and it is the best. It is a requirement at my house during the holidays.

#9 june92012

june92012
              • 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Another great recipe for the Christmas cookies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users