Photo

The turtles at Akumal Bay ~ underwater pics!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 KLC77

KLC77
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:05 AM

Yay! I love turtles! lol Thanks for posting the pics MarieSam. I'm definitely going to arrange a trip there while were in Mex. in Jan.
    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#12 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
    • Vendor
    • 278 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

Wow Marie, that is beautiful! Thank you for sharing that story!

#13 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:38 AM

YAY I'm so excited. We're getting married on the beach at Akumal Bay and then our reception is in a palapa right there. We're big snorkelers and LOVE Akumal Bay. We just snorkelled the Great Barrier Reef this summer, and we all agreed that of all the places we've snorkeled (Hawaii, Barrier Reef, Belize, west coast, etc) Akumal is BY FAR THE BEST!!!!

#14 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
        • 202 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:45 AM

So Cute! Where is Akumal Bay?

#15 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:22 AM

It's just north of Tulum... I guess that's the easiest way to explain it, since you hope to have your wedding at Deams Tulum

#16 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by thephotogirl
              For Bachata bride asking about underwater cameras - you can buy digital cameras that you can use underwater up to 10ft or 30ft (more expensive). I know Olympus makes one for sure. The other option is a disposable underwater camera. Underwater housings in general are expensive.
              Thanks!!! We just bought a $400 Sony W300 in July so we're not looking at buying another camera! I found the housing for it on amazon for just under $200 and there are rav reviews on it - so we might invest! We had an underwater disposable last year & were not really impressed (especially since it was a dull day). Thanks for the thought though! :)

#17 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BachataBride
                Thanks!!! We just bought a $400 Sony W300 in July so we're not looking at buying another camera! I found the housing for it on amazon for just under $200 and there are rav reviews on it - so we might invest! We had an underwater disposable last year & were not really impressed (especially since it was a dull day). Thanks for the thought though! :)
                You should definitely invest in the housing. Thats what we have, and they are GREAT! We travel all the time and anytime we have a chance we get in water. We love to take it out boogie boarding, surfing, snorkeling. And it works great for pictures in the rain too!

#18 BC Bride2be

BC Bride2be
                • 636 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

that just looks so peaceful... great pics!!

#19 Christi

Christi
                  • 1,905 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

Awesome picts...we saw some turtles when we snorkled in Hawaii...such beautiful creatures!

#20 MarieSam

MarieSam
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,336 posts
                      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:11 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BachataBride
                      It sounds amazing!!
                      What kind of camera do/did you have to take those pics?? Was it just the disposable underwater one?? We are thinking about buying a $250 underwater case for our $450 camera...does that even make sense! LOL
                      Hey Amanda, sorry for the late response ~ my brother actually took these pics so I had to wait to hear back from him on all the camera details.

The camera he used was a Canon a95, and the case was an underwater housing unit -- the wpdc50 model by Canon. He thinks it was about $150 at the time. He was worried the housing unit would be faulty and essentially damage his camera, but it worked like a charm and he's continued to take fabulous underwater pics of all our snorkeling and diving adventures ever since!!! So def. worth the investment especially if you're water people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users