Honeymooning - The Tides Riviera Maya or Esencia ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:11 PM

Hey girls,

I'm having a hard time deciding between The Tides or Esencia for the honeymoon... do you have recommendations ? the reviews I read all say both are great... I don't know how to chose !

#2 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:45 AM

This may not be practical and also depends on how long your honeymoon is. How about splitting time between both resorts?

#3 PaulSchrank

• Vendor
      • 237 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:13 PM

The Tides is near Playa del Carmen, you can walk to town along the beach. About an hour, a nice walk. The beach there is rocky and a little challenging for swimming. A cab ride to town should be less than $10.

Esencia is more secluded and has a better beach. I haven't been inside the Tides but I worked at a wedding at Esencia and was very impressed with the facilities. The beach at Esencia is good for walking and swimming and the area has many cenotes, I think you can even walk to some, I think... It's half way between Tulum and Playa del Carmen and a good 40 minutes by car in either direction. Cabs would be $25+ to either town.

#4 delauren

• 84 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

I stayed at both about two weeks ago and this is what I would say - if you feel like being really alone and secluded, I'd stay at The Tides. There's pretty much no reason to leave your room! There's a pool and a lovely terrace where you can have room service delivered and unless you feel like heading to the beach, you could spend all day there!

Esencia has amazing rooms but it's a more social hotel where you definitely are going to leave your room and head down to the beach. Both gorgeous but I like the beach at Esencia much more!

#5 MomentsThatMatter

• Vendor
          • 2,015 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

Everything said above is so true and really its all about what you want. Personally I love the entertainment of Playa so staying closer to town works for me. Getting out, shopping, resturants, entertainment... it all depends on what you want.
            It is your Honeymoon!
            Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
            Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
            Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
            Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users