How much are you spending on your honeymoon?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 lisa_k

• 113 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

We aren't spending any more on our honeymoon than we would on a regular vacation. After our wedding in Mexico, we are going to Argentina because neither of us have ever been there.

We are staying at hotels that are within our normal travel budget. We didn't upgrade rooms or anything. We did splurge on first class airfare, but my FI travels alot for work so we used miles for most of it. And we'll probably go out to nice dinners and spend extra money on activities that we normally wouldn't have, so that we can make the trip memorable.

I'll be happy to just be in warm weather and not working for 2 weeks!! YAY!

#42 kerrij

• 300 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

We are getting married at a resort new Ocho Rios the first week then our 2nd week we are going to Negril and getting a beachfront suite, we decided to go all out since this is a once in a lifetime trip, so our 2nd week is $3600 for us both. our airfare was just an extra $90 each to extend it a week. I also booked it through Expedia and i have until about 2 weeks before to get a full money back refund if we find it cheaper elsewhere! yay!
      We also splurged on first class but it was only $300 each so well worth it in my mind :)

#43 HereFishie

• 386 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:58 PM

Our honeymoon is week 2 at the resort we're being married at. So I think our honeymoon works out to about $400 extra each.

#44 chipotle99

• 311 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:33 AM

Hopefully we'll keep it under $2k. Gotta pay for that wedding!

#45 laurenvuitton

• 283 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

We are hoping to do an all-inclusive for our honeymoon in Jamaica and just need to pick a place... deciding between Sandals or the new secrets in Montego Bay... Thinking its going to be around 2k?

#46 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

We've recently decided to wait until spring to do our honeymoon, but we are thinking a cruise. We figure we can get the most bang for our buck that way. I'm hoping that we can get away with spending only $1000-1500 for both of us for 5-6 days.

#47 HappyBride13

• 35 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

We are staying in Mexico, so flights are done, and will move to a new resort after the wedding. We plan to spend maybe $3000 for both of us....

#48 pmkaraan

• 171 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

We're planning to stay at the resort were getting married at.

#49 jburress21

• 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

We have stayed at sandals in Montego Bay. We stayed at the royal Caribbean but you are allowed to visit the three resorts in Montego Bay. Royal carribean is a smaller resort and we like it the best of the three. But we had our room right on the beach and because it is smaller it wasn't as crowded.

#50 jburress21

• 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

We plan on maybe bora bora in the next couple of months after the wedding. And maybe on our one year anniversary visit the resort again. We have the travel bug though - so we travel often!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users