Photo

Starfish...?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:46 PM

Does anyone know any sites where I can order some starfish and sand dollars from? I've tried a few, and they won't send to Canada (issues with customs), and others seems SO expensive even w/o shipping expenses.

Here are the ones I've tried already:

Sand Dollars, Starfish and Seashells

These guys have the really good prices, but don't ship to Canada b/c of customs

Starfish

TammyM posted this one a while back - but the billing address is different from shipping address? I can't seem to add Canada in the billing info. Am I misunderstanding something?! I don't want my visa receipt to go to someone else lol

Starfish, Sea Shells, Quality Sea Shell, Rare Seashell, Beach Seashells

These guys ship to Canada, but seem to be the most expensive - so if I could find something cheaper that'd be good!!

Anyways, I'll keep searching, but I thought it's probably a popular purchase amongst us DW brides so maybe one of you girls has a good site? If you have any other than the ones listed above that'd be appreciated!!

Thanks guys!!!
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#2 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:49 PM

Here are the starfish sites I book-marked. Not sure about shipping to Canada tho...

Wholesale seashells pricing on craft seashells, display seashells, sand dollars, starfish and bulk seashells from seashell world.

Sea Life -- Sand Dollars - Starfish - Urchins - Coral - Sea Shell City

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:52 PM

ooh - I haven't even clicked on the links yet, but I like the word "wholesale" lol

#4 Erynn

Erynn
        • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:45 AM

Hi I just wanted to let you know that I am from Ontario but I was shopping at Pottery Barn (in the US) yesterday and they have an entire new collection "inspired by the sea." They are selling packages of white sanddollars, starfish and coral for ranging from $11.00-$22.00. Each package contains about 8-12 items. You can also buy larger white starfish seperately for I think around $14.00 each. Hope that helps! They are super cute!

#5 Boogedy

Boogedy
          • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:58 AM

Try eBay seller anyname99. She has lots of sealife items and great feedback. :) Here's her store:

eBay Store - Florida Shells and Gifts: Craft Shells, Gel Candle, Conch

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

courtney I was going to say too there are a lot of starfish on ebay, I was searching the other day, but haven't ordered any yet, but the prices weren't too bad, I think I saw sanddollars too

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:10 AM

Courtney I would try ebay and if worse comes to worse I can order them for you online and then ship them to you in Canada. I shipped stuff to Louisa through regular US postal mail and it was pretty inexpensive (I sent 12 pashminas).

-Glenda

#8 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:31 PM

eBay? Haha, I'm a rookie eBay buyer! I just thought they'd be so fragile for shipping from eBay sellers since they won't guarantee/replace broken shipments?!

Glenda - you're awesome!! :) I might just have to take you up on that offer. My parents also mentioned that they'll try to find a whole bunch while they're in Vancouver next month so hopefully I can save on shipping all together!! If they don't find anything tho Glenda, I might PM you for assistance.

Laura, that seller is great, I'll keep her bookmarked. Thanks guys, for all of your help! You're the best!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:34 PM

This is the eBay store I have bookmarked - and below is what it says on their items ... so they may ship to Canada, not sure.

eBay Store - Florida Shells and Gifts: Craft Shells, Gel Candle, Conch

Shipping insurance offered with our listing. The Shipping and Handling Fees quoted in this listing are for the continental United States ONLY. You MUST inquire about Shipping and Handling costs for Shipments outside this Area BEFORE YOU BID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users