HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

lmdels

Thanks guys! This has been really stressful-I have spent the past two days trying to sort things out with my TA and the WC.

They have moved my reception to the Posiedon but then sent me completely different menus (when all of my guests have already chosen their entrees). Still haven't quite figured that one out yet.

We can't seem to get a straight answer about the refund they are giving due to the disruption. One tour company said the hotel is giving 15% of the hotel cost, while another says they are not refunding anything. I would never have booked the resort if I had known these renos were taking place. I am sure everything will work out fine-I just feel terrible that my guests have paid all this money and will be travelling this far and not be able to use all of the facilities. Hopefully it won't be too noisy or too much of a distraction. I keep reminding myself it could be worse!! The good news is that all of you future brides won't have to worry about broken tiles :)

I would suggest anyone that hasn't already done so to confirm all of your wedding details with the new coordinators. When all of these issues came up we had Julian cofirm ours and some things were incorrect (for example, the menu, she didn't know we had rented the DJ, etc.). These were things we had organized through Jascynthia.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Marriage certificates............Got married May 2 and in the same boat. New wedding coordinator is Julian Chang. She replied and expects to have an answer from the registers office by this weekend. She also cc the info to GP higher ups. I'll let you guys know if and when I hear anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*petals*~ View Post
I got married there in May too with no sign of my marriage certificate yet.

Finally gave in this week and went straight to the registrar's office.

Here's the link: Registrar General's Department - Marriage Application

Fingers crossed that their 7-10 day express delivery is more reliable than going through the hotel wedding coordinators....
Hi Petals,

Can you keep me posted on how this works out and if they send everything to you on time. I came on here to send you a message to see when you received your certificate, but I guess you didn't which means mine is a long way behind yours! I really want to get mine, I was recently laid off and was able to get on my husbands health insurance with the temporary one from the ceremony, but would really like to make it official and be able to change my name. We are pregnant and don't want to risk anything with health insurance!

Thanks,
Dana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh17 View Post
and to make things worse I just looked at the AC vacations website and it shows that the Blue Lagoon (which we have booked for our reception) is going to be closed for renovations..... this is pretty stressful when there is only 39 days until the big day.
The only consolation I can offer is that we spent 90% of our time in the ocean. We would head over to the pool in the late afternoon, but honestly the beach is nice and I preferred it. I would request to have a private or semi-private reception at the Posideon Resturant, its the one that overlooks the beach. Or if at all possible, no kitchen so may not be, to have the reception at the Spa which is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalauren22 View Post
Hi Petals,

Can you keep me posted on how this works out and if they send everything to you on time. I came on here to send you a message to see when you received your certificate, but I guess you didn't which means mine is a long way behind yours! I really want to get mine, I was recently laid off and was able to get on my husbands health insurance with the temporary one from the ceremony, but would really like to make it official and be able to change my name. We are pregnant and don't want to risk anything with health insurance!

Thanks,
Dana
Congratulations!! smile02.gif

I'll keep you all posted on the marriage certificate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalauren22 View Post
The only consolation I can offer is that we spent 90% of our time in the ocean. We would head over to the pool in the late afternoon, but honestly the beach is nice and I preferred it. I would request to have a private or semi-private reception at the Posideon Resturant, its the one that overlooks the beach. Or if at all possible, no kitchen so may not be, to have the reception at the Spa which is beautiful.
Thank you-that makes me feel alot better! It is difficult to picture (because I have never been to the resort) how much of an impact it is really going to have. I keep reminding myself that there is nothing I can do about it so we will make the most of it and I am sure everything will be great! Plus it could be much worse!
We have been able to move our reception to the Posideon and luckily we are keeping the same menu we had planned for the Blue Lagoon (originally they had sent me a new menu but our guests have already choosen their entrees. I didn't really want to replace what we had offered with curried goat.....).
Still dealing with the tour operators and the refund (apparently the hotel gives the money back to the tour operator but it is up to the tour operator to refund that to the customer and sometimes they just keep the money....) but hopefully everything else will run smoothly!!
Thanks again-this forum has been a huge help to me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh17 View Post
and to make things worse I just looked at the AC vacations website and it shows that the Blue Lagoon (which we have booked for our reception) is going to be closed for renovations..... this is pretty

Does anyone know how long the Blue Lagoon will be closed forhuh.gif

My TA is still working with the Palladium rep trying to find out exactly what is closed and for how long (she has been working on this all week). As soon as I hear I will let everyone know. Apparently three other restaurants will be closed too but they are closing them alternately (one night at a time) so that guests will still be able to dine at each throughout their vacation.