Photo

HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#891 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:11 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that your mother isn't talking to you right now.  Don't worry, she'll turn around!  But congrats on your upcoming GP wedding!  My wedding is at 4p, so I can't really say on what you should do, but I'm sure there are plenty of brides on this forum who can help!  I would pose your question regarding what do you b/w your 12p ceremony and I'm assuming 6p reception on another area of this forum.  Congrats and Happy Planning! 

Originally Posted by yaker33 

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the great information. I have always wanted a destination wedding and when I got engage two years ago we started planning one. However, my mother through a fit and I of course gave in and decided to have the traditional wedding here in NJ.  Well, now that I'm 8 months away from my wedding, my FI and I have decided to cancel our "traditional" wedding here and are doing our dream wedding in Jamaica. We are paying for our wedding and feel that it should be about our wants and not anyone elses. My mothers not speaking to me, but thats a whole other story I'm not going to get into here...So, booked my wedding at GPJ on 11/4/11. Our original wedding date was 11/11/11 but seeing as we're booking so late we cant get that.  The only availabe times they had on 11/4/11 were 10am and 12pm. We booked the 12pm. Does anyone have any experience with an afternoon wedding?? Besides it being unbearably hot, will it be weird to have a cocktail hour afterwards at 1??? And then the reception to follow? I just feel like it will be a lunch reception.  I guess we can always go out to the disco afterwards...any thoughts?? thanks so much!!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#892 sarahandmark

sarahandmark
    • 32 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

Are there any past brides out there who have used the Renovo Spa at the GPJ?  I'm getting ready to make my hair appointment for my wedding day, but I'm debating on whether I should have the Spa do my makeup or do it myself.  Does anyone have any thoughts/advice?

Thanks,

Sarah

#893 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
      • 610 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

I'm not getting married till June, but I have appointments for both hair and makeup.  All I know is that they use Revlon makeup.  Sorry I couldn't help much, but I have read previous reviews that hair was nice and makeup was good, just sometimes heavy.

Originally Posted by sarahandmark 

Are there any past brides out there who have used the Renovo Spa at the GPJ?  I'm getting ready to make my hair appointment for my wedding day, but I'm debating on whether I should have the Spa do my makeup or do it myself.  Does anyone have any thoughts/advice?

Thanks,

Sarah

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

#894 missgomes

missgomes
        • 296 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

Anyone who hasnt had a private reception, did you have your own waiters and were drinks of choice available upon request?

#895 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
          • 610 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:00 AM

Since there is so much information on this thread, I figured I would post this here as well.  Attached is the activities schedule for GP.  I plan on putting the information in my Welcome Booklet!

Attached Files

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

#896 Teneshia

Teneshia
            • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

Thanx for that info and I am going back and forth with a w/p by the name of Nekiesha and she just told me that it would be $20pp for the reception?? IDK. We were thinking about going with the Ipod/cd player hook up because $300hr is to much for a dj we think. We haven't really considered a steal band of a fire show but we might look into that, we are looking to have between 60-75 guest haven't gotten the exact # yet because it's too far in advance & ppl haven't given us their final answer yet. I also wanted to know if there was an area for dancing? and have you heard anything about their bonfire's?

#897 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
              • 610 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:08 AM

I believe the $20 that Nekeisha gave you was for the additional cost for the ceremony (only 8 guests are included in ceremony cost).  If you have your reception at the Blue Lagoon, which might be your only option due to the size of your wedding, there is plenty of space for dancing.  It's $45/pp for a reception there (on top of the $20/pp for the ceremony).

Originally Posted by Teneshia 

Thanx for that info and I am going back and forth with a w/p by the name of Nekiesha and she just told me that it would be $20pp for the reception?? IDK. We were thinking about going with the Ipod/cd player hook up because $300hr is to much for a dj we think. We haven't really considered a steal band of a fire show but we might look into that, we are looking to have between 60-75 guest haven't gotten the exact # yet because it's too far in advance & ppl haven't given us their final answer yet. I also wanted to know if there was an area for dancing? and have you heard anything about their bonfire's?

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

#898 Teneshia

Teneshia
                • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:36 AM

Thank you for that! and your right about everything, I spoke to them to get everything clear. We are still unsure on what we are going to do as far as a formal reception or just a cocktail party because we will be also having a reception when we get home. I hate being undecided! but thanx again : }

#899 sarahandmark

sarahandmark
                  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

Has anyone been recently married at GPJ?  I'm wondering if you have received your marriage license yet, and how long it took. 

For anyone with an upcoming wedding there - do not worry.  It will be fabulous!!

Thanks ladies :-)

#900 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
                    • 610 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:21 AM

Great to hear!  Are you planning on writing a review?

Originally Posted by sarahandmark 

Has anyone been recently married at GPJ?  I'm wondering if you have received your marriage license yet, and how long it took. 

For anyone with an upcoming wedding there - do not worry.  It will be fabulous!!

Thanks ladies :-)

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users