Photo

HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#761 stephdanny

stephdanny
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

For past brides or those who have visited Jamaica - did your cell phone work? Was your bill expensive? Can you buy a calling card at the resort? I'm just looking to see what options they have.

#762 sarahandmark

sarahandmark
    • 32 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:55 AM

Does anyone have any pictures of what the Poseidon location looks like for the private reception?  We are getting married at GPJ next May, and we need to decide if we want to have our reception at the Poseidon or at the Blue Lagoon.  But that's kind of hard to do without knowing what they look like!  Thanks ladies :-)

#763 stephdanny

stephdanny
      • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:31 AM

Does anyone have any pictures of what the Poseidon location looks like for the private reception?  We are getting married at GPJ next May, and we need to decide if we want to have our reception at the Poseidon or at the Blue Lagoon.  But that's kind of hard to do without knowing what they look like!  Thanks ladies :-)

Hi Sarahandmark,

I dont have a picture of it decorated - but this is what the wedding coordinator sent me (the picture I posted above is the Blue Lagoon) and this is the Poseidon.

#764 kasabre28

kasabre28
        • 61 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sarahandmark 

Does anyone have any pictures of what the Poseidon location looks like for the private reception?  We are getting married at GPJ next May, and we need to decide if we want to have our reception at the Poseidon or at the Blue Lagoon.  But that's kind of hard to do without knowing what they look like!  Thanks

Hey our wedding is October 29, 2010 in two
          Weeks I'm not too sure how to post photos
          But I have the decorated photos (only 2..) if you email me at kasabre28@aol.com email them to you and
          You can post them

#765 sarahandmark

sarahandmark
          • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

Thanks ladies!

@ kasabre28, I'm emailing you now!

Sarah

#766 mswhatever

mswhatever
            • 475 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by stephdanny 

For past brides or those who have visited Jamaica - did your cell phone work? Was your bill expensive? Can you buy a calling card at the resort? I'm just looking to see what options they have.

My cell phone did not work. I do not have international calling. I did pick up a signal. Calling cards are available. I did not purchase any but a few guest did. I think the cost was $20. Not sure about how many minutes you get for that.

#767 missgomes

missgomes
              • 296 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

My ceremony is at 4 at the Gazebo.  I would like my guests to meet the photographer about 30 minutes before the ceremony to take family pictures.  Do you have any suggestions on a location to take these pictures?  

I haven't heard from Nina yet so if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me (I am working on my welcome letter today):

1.  Is the cocktail hour located at the ceremony?  Do we have use the IPOD hookup during cocktail hour?

2.  How far (in minutes) is the Gazebo to the Blue Lagoon.

3.  Does anyone have pictures of the dance area at the Gazebo?  What is the lighting like?  Romantic 

4.  If you used the DJ, did you give him a list of songs?  Is there any contact info for the DJ?

Thanks!

Attached Files

#768 burgerbone

burgerbone
                • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

I was just wondering if anyone has decided not to get extra chairs at the ceremony.  We have over 40 people attending and we would like to have the reception at the gazebo but think $20pp for extra chairs is a bit unreasonable seeing as we are already paying $45/pp for the reception.  Any thoughts?

#769 missgomes

missgomes
                  • 296 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

I believe the $20pp includes chairs, toast, cake, etc.  Hope that helps. 

#770 holly_d

holly_d
                    • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

Hi! I love your reception photos! Did you rent those chairs from the hotel? If you don't mind could you let me know how much you paid for them? I got a quote from an outside vendor and wanted to compare. Also, did you have those chairs at your ceremony? If you did have them at the ceremony, did the hotel charge you to move them to the reception? We are having out reception in the blue lagoon and the hotel wants to charge us $300 to move the chairs from the ceremony beach location to the blue lagoon and I'm trying to see if anyone else had this done too.

Thanks so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users