• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#641 tiffandmarv

tiffandmarv
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jerseykitten
    In my case it definitely took a while to get served all of the food (23 people). We had great waiters - we'd actually requested one whom my parents really liked from lunch one day (Dafton) but they are just not super fast there - the drinks were constantly being filled though which kept everyone happy. It may be different if you have a DJ - they are good at controlling the flow of a party.

But, they do have live music every night at the Infinity Bar - and people are dancing. Depends on your crowd and what you're looking for - I don't think any of my guests were upset that we didn't have music.
    Thanks a bunch for this info...it really helps! So how long did your reception last before you guys headed to the Infinity Bar?
    http://tickers.Ticke....95d6/event.png

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#642 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tiffandmarv
      Thanks a bunch for this info...it really helps! So how long did your reception last before you guys headed to the Infinity Bar?
      I have to be honest - I wasn't paying close attention to the time. We were at the restaurant for a long time. We went back to our room afterwards - our room was right by Poseidon so it was easier - brought the flowers back and the gifts (we didn't get very many of those) and changed clothes.

Did I mention that the resort is HUMONGOUS?

So our rooms being close to Poseidon meant that they were not close to the main building and it's a hilly walk - they have golf carts that you can call for - but we were in buildings 39 & 40 - the furthest away from the main pool/buildings/restaurants but closest to the beach that has the snorkeling, scuba and catamarans and Poseidon.

There are also no elevators in the buildings with the rooms so if you have any older people that can't do stairs, make sure you request 1st floor rooms for them.

#643 MrsWarren11

MrsWarren11
      • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

I'm just getting started with planning and I have no idea where to start!!! Please HELP!!!
        The future Mrs. Warren

#644 tiffandmarv

tiffandmarv
        • 361 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jerseykitten
          I have to be honest - I wasn't paying close attention to the time. We were at the restaurant for a long time. We went back to our room afterwards - our room was right by Poseidon so it was easier - brought the flowers back and the gifts (we didn't get very many of those) and changed clothes.

Did I mention that the resort is HUMONGOUS?

So our rooms being close to Poseidon meant that they were not close to the main building and it's a hilly walk - they have golf carts that you can call for - but we were in buildings 39 & 40 - the furthest away from the main pool/buildings/restaurants but closest to the beach that has the snorkeling, scuba and catamarans and Poseidon.

There are also no elevators in the buildings with the rooms so if you have any older people that can't do stairs, make sure you request 1st floor rooms for them.
          I've heard this place was big but HUMONGOUS..WOW...I betta bring my good walking shoes. I do have a couple of elderly people joining us, so thanks for the heads up.

#645 jk1101

jk1101
          • 2,582 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by tiffandmarv
            I've heard this place was big but HUMONGOUS..WOW...I betta bring my good walking shoes. I do have a couple of elderly people joining us, so thanks for the heads up.
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TA Maureen
            It is the largest resort in Jamaica!
            It was seriously HUGE! And HILLY!

One of the reasons my OOT bags themselves were such a hit - the girls would walk from the room to the main building in flip flops, with their heels in the bag, then change to the nice heels once they got to the restaurants, and walk home later in the flops. your feet will thank you! By mid week, i wasn't really wearing heels anywhere - i have a pair of silver flip flops that were my "evening" shoes!

#646 SexyLittleCaboBride2010

SexyLittleCaboBride2010
            • 19 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

I have booked the GP for our wedding on Nov 11/2010! After going back amd forth between Cabo and Jamaica, we decided we really prefer the vibe, music, culture, people of Jamaica. It is where our heart was telling us to go. Thanks for all the great tips and info. :)

#647 jk1101

jk1101
              • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:37 PM

Ladies,
                I finally posted my review - so sorry for the delay - here is the link:
                http://bestdestinati....-review-59917/

Also here is the link to all of my pictures and my slideshow:
                http://pictage.com/829817

Sir Jim and Lady Michele at The Lady Hamilton Resort. HOME

#648 Mellyrox

Mellyrox
                • 161 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:28 AM

Jersey Kitten, thank you so much for all the info you have provided! I actually have a site visit in August (I'm down there for another wedding, ironically), so I will definitely make sure I confirm as much as I can at that point!
                  Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

#649 jk1101

jk1101
                  • 2,582 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

That's awesome - you're so lucky you can do that! You'll love it there and be able to see everything for yourself!

#650 tiffandmarv

tiffandmarv
                    • 361 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

Hey Ladies

Does anyone have the link I need to use to book my spa services on-line?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users