HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#581 Mellyrox

Mellyrox
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:55 PM

Hi Everyone,

My contact person at GP Jamaica is Kimberly, and I've found her extremely helpful so far. Her responses to my queries are extremely prompt. We are also interested in the Ruby Package for $2000.00 and Kimperly told me the $20 extra cost per person (after the first 8 people) applies to the ceremony only.

For the private reception, the charge is $45 per adult. As I will have lots of children at my wedding, I asked for the specifics regarding the charges for children. She explained the pricing is as follows:

Children under 3: free
    Children 3 to 12: $22.50 (half the cost of an adult)
    Youths 13 - 18: $45.00 (same as adults)

As the others have mentioned, no mention of any room rental fee. I specifically asked about this, and she said the charge is now per person.

I've sent off my information to book my date and I'm just waiting for their reply.

I'm so excited!!

:)
    Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

#582 mswhatever

mswhatever
    • 475 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:16 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tiffandmarv
      Ladies,

Who exactly is the lead WC these days, is it still Nina or is it Phylica?
      All of my emails are to Nina and answered by Nina. It sounds like they are dividing up the responsibilities.

#583 jk1101

jk1101
      • 2,582 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

Just as an FYI - my photographer, who is a local Jamaican photographer (SunGold) told me she usually books a room at GP to alleviate any issues with the resort. Unfortunately the place is sold out the night of my wedding but she said it won't be a problem - but we will need to do the TTD session somewhere other than the hotel, which is fine with me - I'm hoping to do it at one of the Falls! So if you are worried about using a local photographer - just have them book a room - then they are a guest and they can't say anything.

#584 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
        • 1,131 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

So we should book the room for the photographer?
          http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
          ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#585 jk1101

jk1101
          • 2,582 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tennyt1
            So we should book the room for the photographer?
            My photographer was booking her own room. She said that's what she does. it's just something to maybe mention if you're using a Jamaican photographer - maybe they all do that to get out of the vendor fees.

#586 tiffandmarv

tiffandmarv
            • 361 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mswhatever
              All of my emails are to Nina and answered by Nina. It sounds like they are dividing up the responsibilities.
              Whew...I feel better now. All my conversations have been with Nina too but I hadn't reached out to her in over a month so I wasn't sure if things had changed again. Seems like they are well staffed now...which is great news to hear!

Also, is anyone planning on bringing their own DJ? I plan to hire a local DJ but am not sure if they are enforcing a vendor fee on outside DJ's.
              http://tickers.Ticke....95d6/event.png

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#587 mswhatever

mswhatever
              • 475 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by tiffandmarv
                Whew...I feel better now. All my conversations have been with Nina too but I hadn't reached out to her in over a month so I wasn't sure if things had changed again. Seems like they are well staffed now...which is great news to hear!

Also, is anyone planning on bringing their own DJ? I plan to hire a local DJ but am not sure if they are enforcing a vendor fee on outside DJ's.
                I have not asked Nina myself about hiring an outside DJ. I read a post on this forum from a previous bride. She said that she had hired an outside DJ and was told it was not allowed. I would check with Nina.

#588 tiffandmarv

tiffandmarv
                • 361 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

OK thanks for the heads up, I will be sure to confirm the DJ policy with Nina ASAP.
                  http://tickers.Ticke....95d6/event.png

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#589 Mellyrox

Mellyrox
                  • 161 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

I am interested in what they have to say about that, as my fiance runs an entertainment company and we will have a number of DJs coming down. We wanted to just rent the equipment and supply our own DJs. Their price for DJ services at the resort is proposterous.
                    Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

#590 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:52 PM

I asked about the DJ equipment and the price is USD$210.00 per hour.
                      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users