Photo

HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#551 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

for like the photographer if you want to use someone that is not on their vendor list. I was reading where other resorts are charging like $200 per vendor.
    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#552 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

If you go back through this thread you can see we've talked about this.
      I never asked, and it' s not in anything i was sent from GP about not allowing outside photographers.
      My photographer told me she has worked at the resort (and I've seen the pics - Sun Gold - check the sticky in the Jamaica thread) and not had an issue.
      worst case scenario, they are my guests and I pay a for guest passes.

#553 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

Jerseykitten thanks for your help. I just read through this entire post it took almost 2 days. But it was amazing and I think I will be booking this resort. I do have another questions though. Who is the current WC and can you give me their contact information?

#554 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Phylicia Haywood

Wedding Coordinator

Grand Palladium Jamaica & Lady Hamilton

Resorts and Spa

The Point, Lucea

Hanover

Jamaica W.I.

Phone: (876) 619-0000 * 633-9900-9 (ext: 8251)

Fax: (876) 620-0001

Fiesta Hotel Group: The Royal Suites, Palladium Resorts, Fiesta Hoteles, Fresh Apartamentos, Ayre Hoteles - InformaciĀ³n, Reservas y Ofertas

#555 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

Thank you! I will contact her soon.

#556 elyse918

elyse918
            • 19 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

Here is the e-mail address for Phylicia Haywood: it is hard to reach the WC by phone and there is not an answering machine. weddingasst.jamaica@fiestahotelgroup.com. I was told there is a $350/hr fee for outside vendors. I did not like the resort photographer and the photographer I hred is planning on being a guest of the resport by getting a room for the night to bypass this.

Another bride put a deposit down for the time I had reserved...now my ceremony is at 12 and the reception is at 6...saw someone was doing a get together on a boat, any other ideas?...is it best to just tell everyone to meet back up at 5 and wish them well with enjoying the reort for the afternoon...?

#557 elyse918

elyse918
              • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

In anyone doing the private reception at GP Jamaica and made a decision on food? Not sure if anyone tried the appetizers, made a decision on the 2 main courses or the cake. WC said "velvety vanilla sponge, creamy chocolate and delicious dark fruit" sponge cake seemed odd, no? The seafood menu has limited options for non-seafood eaters and I think we are leaning towrds the italian menu. Thought I'd see if anyone has tried anything or heard pros/cons to any of the menu options. Thanks in advance for any input.

#558 jk1101

jk1101
                • 2,582 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by elyse918
                  In anyone doing the private reception at GP Jamaica and made a decision on food? Not sure if anyone tried the appetizers, made a decision on the 2 main courses or the cake. WC said "velvety vanilla sponge, creamy chocolate and delicious dark fruit" sponge cake seemed odd, no? The seafood menu has limited options for non-seafood eaters and I think we are leaning towrds the italian menu. Thought I'd see if anyone has tried anything or heard pros/cons to any of the menu options. Thanks in advance for any input.
                  I think sometimes their verbiage is different than ours - their sponge cake might just be regular cake.

this is my menu:

Crab and Cheese Bread,
                  Artichoke and Tomato Soup,
                  Grilled Garlic Shrimps Served With Seasonal Vegetables And Rice

Chicken Breast Grilled Served With Potatoes, Vegetables And White Wine Gravy
                  Wedding Cake - 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 Vanilla

All of the reviews said the cake tasted delicious so I'm not worried.

You will have to get #s of who wants to eat what in advance - much easier than I anticipated.

#559 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                  • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

Thanks elyse918. I have read on this forum that the vanilla cake is really good.

#560 Stephy7387

Stephy7387
                    • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

I have been reading through this thread and I am getting so excited! I just put my deposit down for September 18th 2010. It has been so helpful to hear everyone's input about all the details, I have a lot to think about! I'm sure this question has been asked but I forget, is there a big difference between the Lady Hamilton & the main resort? My TA couldn't find much of a difference. I had to use the new package prices for 2010, I am getting the Ruby package. Looking into options for extra pics, music, flowers, and photos...I hope I wont go too much over my budget!!!! I guess I am rambling now....just glad I have a place I can ask questions as they come up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users