HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#431 mswhatever

• 475 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

Hi ladies,

I just called the WC at the GPJ. I spoke to Lori the assistant. She was able to pull up my info and verify that we are still on track. Her email is weddingasst.jamaica@fiestahotelgroup.com.

Attached Files

#432 tiffandmarv

• 361 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

Nice to here you are finally confirmed. Great info, I will try sending an email to the address you provided, hopefully I will get lucky too.

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#433 lisarussell66

• 19 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hi Ladies

Thought I would let you know I heard from NINA to confirm my Date. Im feel so much better!!I did not call because i wanted everything in writting...everything is fine except she did not have our ID and Birth Certs which I sent many times so I had to resend them, which is fine. She seems very nice and she appoligized many times through the email-it was a great email.
        The reason I receveid a response was because I got my travel agent involved and I also wrote a pretty harsh email explaing the disapointment in the lack of communication.
        Good Luck! I understand the position she is in but the operations Manager should not have posted that unless they were prepared to recevie all the emails wondering if there info was deleted/lost.
        Least we know she is there and working on things!

#434 JuliaGoolia03

• 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

I finally heard back from Nina too...I think she must have just gone through all of her emails on Thursday night and replied to every single one. I actually got the same email twice. ha! Luckily, I also got an email from Lori yesterday confirming my date and asking for all of our docs.
          That was a stressful few weeks, but at least now I can get excited again... yay!

#435 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:36 PM

I also heard back from Lori...very exciting! Unfortunately I can't book a date for Jan 2011 yet, will have to wait until they start booking for that year

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#436 tiffandmarv

• 361 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:22 AM

I heard from Lori too on Friday. Looks like they are back in business!

#437 mswhatever

• 475 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:22 AM

I hope they keep up the contact. It sure makes things easier. Not getting answers is so stressful!

#438 palmtree

• 23 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

Does anyone have pictures of the table settings? Did anyone do a catamaran cruise after their wedding? What is the ceremony like? Are you able to switch it up a bit and have someone do a reading or sing a song, for example?

#439 tiffandmarv

• 361 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by zuzelh
                    The reception was held at the Blue Lagoon and we had food catered from the Italian restaurant. We went with the “Silver Love” package (which is a renewal of vows package), and only paid $20 per person (above the 8 people that are included in the package). I definitely recommend getting married by your town before coming to Jamaica, and then getting the renewal of vows package, as it is considerably cheaper! You don’t even have to tell your guests that you are technically already married! Plus, I saw in the forum that some people who get married at GP don’t get their marriage certificates until a few months later.
                    I would love to learn more about the Silver Love package you selected. Were you able to get a full 4 hour reception and everything else in the traditional bridal package? I read in the book the maximum dinner time for the Silver Love Package was only 2 hours. Can you explain more how the silver package worked for you?

#440 zuzelh

• 25 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

With the Silver Package, we rented out the Blue Lagoon for 3 hour, which cost an additional $300 (the rate is $100/ hour, with a minimum of three hours). However, I'm sure you can rent it for 4 hours, if you pay extra. We chose from the menu at the Italian restaurant.

I don't remember what's included in the traditional bridal package, so I can't compare my package to that one. Which services specifically did you want to know about ? just let me know and I'll tell you whether it was included or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users