• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#241 danalauren22

danalauren22
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zuzelh
    Does anyone have any pictures of the bouquet that comes included in the packages?? I'm debating if I should go with a different one - or just go with what they give me!
    Jascynthia just sent me the flower book as a PDF. Give me your email and I will forward to you.

Does anyone have any recommendations for which resuturant to choose a la carte from? Jascynthia sent over the Japanese and Mexican which I nixed, so I'm left with the Posiedan and Xaymaica creole Restuarnt. Also can we mix and match from the menus? She didn't say If I could or not, just how many to choose.

Thanks!
    Dana

#242 danalauren22

danalauren22
    • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:15 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TheGs72509
      I am wondering the same thing. How does the music work at the ceremony?
      I just heard from Jascynthia. She said that they provide the setup for the ceremony, and there is a plug for the ipod. She said that burt CDs seldom work and would not recommend.

#243 Seven

Seven
      • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

Hi Ladies,

I understand my question is personal, but what I can expect to pay for about 30 guests? I am not sure where I can find this information. I have must have to a dozen different links about GP, but no idea of a price range. If it is too personal to share here, can you please PM me? Thank you so much. :)

#244 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Seven
          Hi Ladies,

I understand my question is personal, but what I can expect to pay for about 30 guests? I am not sure where I can find this information. I have must have to a dozen different links about GP, but no idea of a price range. If it is too personal to share here, can you please PM me? Thank you so much. :)
          It depends on which package you choose... There's a base price for each package, which includes 8 people, and then you pay a per-person charge ($20-$50) for each additional person over the first 8 people.

The package info is posted in post #27 of this thread: http://bestdestinati.../forum/t31288-3

#245 danalauren22

danalauren22
          • 46 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:31 PM

Petals,
            How much did you pay for the steel drum band and how long did they play for? Do they charge hourly? Do you know if their price is negotiable?

Thanks! Dana

#246 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
            • 1,572 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by danalauren22
              Petals,
              How much did you pay for the steel drum band and how long did they play for? Do they charge hourly? Do you know if their price is negotiable?

Thanks! Dana
              It was $500/hour, and arranged directly through Jascynthia so I didn't find out if the price was flexible or not....

We just hired them for one hour and that covered the pre-reception when people were getting seated, the ceremony, and the post-ceremony time when everybody got a glass of champagne for toasting.

We had our first dance to them and other people started dancing too. My MIL loved them and bought a CD they had available.

#247 Panda

Panda
              • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:01 AM

Hello Ladies!
                I am down to the last few days before I head to Jamaica for my wedding on June 27th.
                Any Suggestions??
                Did you carry dress on plane?
                I am packing a bunch of silk rose petals and flowers...did anyone have any problems with items like this on the plane?
                DId anyone hear the saxophonist while there?

#248 danalauren22

danalauren22
                • 46 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Panda
                  Hello Ladies!
                  I am down to the last few days before I head to Jamaica for my wedding on June 27th.
                  Any Suggestions??
                  Did you carry dress on plane?
                  I am packing a bunch of silk rose petals and flowers...did anyone have any problems with items like this on the plane?
                  DId anyone hear the saxophonist while there?
                  I'm right behind you!

Bring your dress on the plane! Can you imagine if they lost it with the luggage. I have a friend who is a flight attendant and she said before you board mention to the attendants that you have your dress with you and ask very nicely if it can be hung in the first class coat check, its not like there will be winter coats in there! We have silk rose petals as well and they are in the suitcase.

See you in Jamaica!

#249 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                  • 1,572 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

Congratulations Panda & Dana!
                    Don't sweat the small stuff, relax and have a fabulous wedding!

#250 danalauren22

danalauren22
                    • 46 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

So, who gets tipped and how much??

The wedding coordinatior and the servers at the reception, but I have no idea how much. And anyone else? Thanks for any help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users