Photo

HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#191 danalauren22

danalauren22
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hi Panda! I will be there when you are getting married, we are getting married on June 29 at 4pm. I am definitely going to look for you ceremony! Did you guys book a photographer?

Snowangels, my birthday is April 13, ad have always had wonderful birthdays, so I think the date will bring your marriage luck!

#192 Panda

Panda
    • 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:35 AM

Dana,
      I have accepted that I am stuck with the photographer that the resort provides I am still vet nervous about that).
      I am planning to make some type of contact with him before the ceremony, I am hoping I can send him some samples of pictures/styles that I like.

So we will see.
      I will be there until the beginning of July...so I will get to see your ceremony.

#193 SnowAngels

SnowAngels
      • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

Panda - Just so you don't feel that nervous ... all of my meal items came from the Poseiden Restaurant menu. It was all good! We upgraded some of the dishes to the Lobster (was definitely available for us), but the others had the Snapper and the Garlic Shrimp. I didn't hear any complaints about any of the food. (Maybe they just didn't say anything to me though .... hmmmm). We all really enjoyed it, and as mentioned a few pages ago, I tried to change my venue to the Poseidon Restaurant for my Reception because after seeing it, it's beautiful, very private and overlooks the beach!!! (But it was booked for a private party!)
        We were still VERY happy with the Blue Lagoon!
        Oh, and as for the Photographer - he's not as bad as I thought he'd be. I still had my own photographer there (he was also a guest of mine though) but we went to go pick up the pictures from the gift shop and there were quite a few nice one's to choose from.
        However, he only did pictures from the ceremony site. I wanted certain shots from around the resort, and I'm not too sure if he would've followed us - again, I had my own photographer so maybe he didn't feel the need to come.
        I selected my 8 5x7's that the package came with, for each additional picture he wanted to charge $12 ... not too sure if that's what it actually costs or if he just randomly threw out an amount, because they also do some pictures around the resort for guests just hanging around and I don't know if they just jack up the cost for a 'wedding'. I didn't really have to look further into it, because I knew I had a lot of the same pictures with my own photographer.
        But as mentioned, he wasn't BAD ...
        you can find them inside the Gift Shop on the Jamaica side, they have a booth with some of their work (some a little cheesy) but you'll get an idea at least of what they are capable of.
        When they are printing it out for you (afer you've selected them) try not to get them to lighten it too much. I've noticed my pictures were soooo lightened that the Dark Blue Ocean background is almost Baby Blue ... minor issue!
        Some of my best shots came from my friends - so if you have friends with good cameras, or if you guys have a great camera, then pass it to a friend to snap shots for you. My most favourite pic is from my friend who followed my photographer around with us, and just took the shots from different angles then what he got.

Hope this helps!

#194 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:00 AM

SnowAngels-- thanks so much for this info. I'm just going to finalize everything with Jascynthia when I get there on Thursday since it's been so hard to get an answer by phone or e-mail.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SnowAngels
          Panda - Just so you don't feel that nervous ... all of my meal items came from the Poseiden Restaurant menu. It was all good! We upgraded some of the dishes to the Lobster (was definitely available for us), but the others had the Snapper and the Garlic Shrimp. I didn't hear any complaints about any of the food.
          Did you select the Caribbean Package, and just choose menu items from the Posiedon?

#195 Heather0623

Heather0623
          • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

Petals: Good luck and congrats...Hopefully you will get some answers when you get there. I haven't received a response back in almost a month! I have given up since everyone said Jacynthia was very good when you get there. Is anyone doing their first dance at the ceremony location? I was considering doing that since we plan to get married in the gazebo and have the steel band.

#196 danalauren22

danalauren22
            • 46 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Panda
              Dana,
              I have accepted that I am stuck with the photographer that the resort provides I am still vet nervous about that).
              I am planning to make some type of contact with him before the ceremony, I am hoping I can send him some samples of pictures/styles that I like.

So we will see.
              I will be there until the beginning of July...so I will get to see your ceremony.
              Panda,
              I am in talks with a wedding photographer now. She is trying to break into destination weddings and is willing to barter with me, free hotel and airfare for the shoot, and a dvd of all photos. Maybe we can work something out, we can split her hotel and airfare and offer a payment for both weddings. I will be talking to her tomorrow night, so if you are interested let me know and i can feel her out.

#197 SnowAngels

SnowAngels
              • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:42 AM

Petals - I originally chose the Carribean Package, then realized with renting out the Blue Lagoon it was more cost effective to go with the Tropical Package and upgrade the meals to Lobster ... I think I upgraded 9 meals to Lobster of the 13 guests, but it still worked out to be less. However, I didn't have my dress steamed or the Breakfast in Bed. Didn't matter to me at all though - I'd rather save the money.

#198 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SnowAngels
                  Petals - I originally chose the Carribean Package, then realized with renting out the Blue Lagoon it was more cost effective to go with the Tropical Package and upgrade the meals to Lobster ... I think I upgraded 9 meals to Lobster of the 13 guests, but it still worked out to be less. However, I didn't have my dress steamed or the Breakfast in Bed. Didn't matter to me at all though - I'd rather save the money.
                  Good to know! The reason we chose the Caribbean package is because we thought that was the only way to get lobster. Now that we can't even get the lobster, I'm gonna see about going back to the Tropical!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Heather0623
                  Petals: Good luck and congrats...Hopefully you will get some answers when you get there. I haven't received a response back in almost a month! I have given up since everyone said Jacynthia was very good when you get there.
                  Thanks-- I'm just waiting till I get there... no sense in wasting any more energy on it now. :-)

#199 danalauren22

danalauren22
                  • 46 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

Petals, good luck and have a blast!

I found a photographer who will be in Jamaica the day of my wedding and has offered to come that day and shoot for a great price. Does anyone know the rules for bringing in an outside photographer that is not a guest? do you have to buy a day pass, do they count as a guest at the wedding? Will they give me any problems doing this?

#200 danalauren22

danalauren22
                    • 46 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

Petals, good luck and have a blast!

I found a photographer who will be in Jamaica the day of my wedding and has offered to come that day and shoot for a great price. Does anyone know the rules for bringing in an outside photographer that is not a guest? do you have to buy a day pass, do they count as a guest at the wedding? Will they give me any problems doing this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users