HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#121 SnowAngels

• 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hey girls!
    I can tell you first hand that the Poseidon Restaurant is an AMAZING choice! It is very private, and the beach is just below you. We were going to change our venue from the Blue Lagoon after seeing it, but it was unfortunately already booked for another private party! But it's a beautiful setting and very open, but private. I'll try to take a pic and post when I'm back.

To everyone else, I am still here at GPL for our honeymoon (we loved it so much we changed our plans and cancelled our Negril reservation) so let me know if there are any pics to take for you while I'm here. I won't be back until next Saturday, so unless I can take pics from my laptop webcam, expect the photos then! I can tell you that Jascynthia is REALLLY BUSY! I think I have seen at least 1 wedding every 2 days. But she is amazing and great to deal with.

We are so happy that we chose GPL!!!

#122 Panda

• 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:31 AM

Snow Angels,
      I am soo happy for you.
      Thank You so very much for all your information. It has truly eased some of my worries.
      I am getting married June 27th and I wanted the Blue Lagoon, but it was already reserved. So, Jascynthia placed us in th ePosiedon.

I am glad to hear that it is beautiful.
      Is there anyway you can send me pictures of teh inside.
      I can only find a few on the internet and they do not show the inside.
      Trying to visualize the reception and it is hard without knowing what the inside looks like.

Is there anyway you can take a picture of the beach wedding location at Sunset.
      Thank You,

#123 Panda

• 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:46 AM

Also Snow Angels...any suggestions on the reception area. The florist seems to be pretty expensive. Did you take a lot of items or did you have the florist decorate your areas?

#124 turk

• 52 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:36 AM

Posiedon is an outdoor restaraunt with a roof, not sure if you knew that, but is cozy and quaint overlooking one of the beaches(can't remember the name, but the furthest one on the LH side)

Snow Angels
          Did you bring your own centerpieces? I wasn't going to take any mostly due to size. I thought they would decorate the tables without an additional charge unless we opted for the florist which has exorberant pricing.
          Hope you are having a blast!

#125 lmdels

• 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

Snowangels - Congrats!!!! I hope you are having a wonderful Honeymoon!!! Thanks for the update!

I am still waiting to hear from Jascynthia so I can print my programs!!!!!

Does anyone know anything about the cake?? Do we bring pics of what we want or do they just do a standard wedding cake

Also if we do an ipod reception and use our own docking station is there a plug available to plug into?? Or is it worth it to rent the speakers and mic??

Tikki_gurl -Good Luck and Have fun!!!

Thanks girls!!!

#126 SnowAngels

• 17 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

here is a pic of my setting at the beach. I selected the latest time available at 4pm. Sunsets here about 6:20pm - maybe later by your wedding day.

I will try to get the pics of the Poseidon inside (although it is a very open restaurant, and not that large)...but I'll whip out my laptop in embarrassment to get you your shot on my webcam.

... not sure if I've uploaded pics right or not.

Picture of my bouquet - callas lillies!

picture of my Hurricane Vase with beach sand and shells. I brought them, but not neccessary - the flowers from the ceremony were place on our table and was really full - keep in mind we were a small group though!

#127 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

SnowAngels- thanks for the updates!!! Great pics.

For everyone who wanted pics of Poseidon, here are a couple shots of Poseidon from when I went in Sept.

View from Poseidon

#128 SnowAngels

• 17 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

actually, that's exactly what it still looks like. I wasn't able to make it over there in the daytime, and was going to try right now - but it's too dark for a good pic. But Petals pics are accurate.

#129 Panda

• 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:34 AM

Thanks Petals, Snow Angels, and Turk
                    The Poseidon looks long, but not very wide.
                    I cannot picture how the dj and tables will be set up in this location.
                    We have about 50 guest, so I hope this area will work.

Did the resort decorate the guest tables as well at the reception?
                    Are the flowers just for the wedding parties table?

How is everyone getting around using the resorts photographer?

I scheduled a 'sunset' wedding and we are not scheduled to start until 5:30 or 6.
                    So, much has changed since I reserved my date...but I hope Jascynthia would have told me if they changed the latest time to 4pm.

Did anyone use the saxophonist?
                    Thank you for the pictires :)

#130 TheGs72509

• 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

Does the hotel offer any free upgrades for the bride and groom?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users