HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

lmdels

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by stephdanny View Post

Mellyrox - I have been looking into the real touch bouquet. Do you have yours yet? How real do they look and what site did you order them through?

Stephdanny, I ordered through Angels Accents.  I actually ordered them back in April (just because I already knew what I wanted), but she was booked through to November at that time.  I'm scheduled to receive the flowers in January.  Here is the link to their website:

http://www.angelsaccents.com/

Hope this helps!  Also, under the General Info section of the boards, there are a few threads on real touch or floramatique flowers.

It's $500 per hour.

I just got an email back from Nora

Good Afternoon Stephanie,

Thank you for your email.

Regrettably, we do not have any sample music for our Steel Band.

Please let me know if you have a list of songs in mind, so I can forward

them to our contact.

Looking forward to your response.

Have a great day!

Nina Morales-Lewin

Wedding Manager

Originally Posted by stephdanny View Post

Thanks Mellyrox

Does anyone have any information on the steel drum band? I wanted to know what company they used to possibly search them and hear samples of songs they would play. THANKS in advance

who has used them? Is it worth the money?

The Grand Palladium uses the house Steel Drum Band for the weddings. They are awesome. They played songs like, "I got a feeling" by Black Eyed Peas, Pockerface by Lady GaGa. They will play whatever you like. If you search on you tube for Grand Palladium Steel Drum, you can hear them. They use a small version of the band for weddings. I think it was 5 players. My guests raved about how good they are. I am so glad we had them play. It really set the mood. They were playing as we arrived at the reception. Just the sound, made the atmosphere feel so fun. 

Just wanted to add that when I was planning my wedding, I had a hard time spending $500 for an hour for the steel drum. Other resorts were charging $300. I did not understand why it was so much more. I realized it was because, it was a band, not just a player. 

If you Ladies need anything and I can help. I will. Just ask away! 

@ MsWhatever... I love you pics.  Did you pay for the chair sashes and the runner?  Also, 3.5 hours for dinner.... Do you think the DJ is worth it?  I'm just thinking... wedding @ 5, then photos... We only can rent the Blue Lagoon for 4 hours... no time for dancing?  Your thoughts (as well as past brides).

Thanks again for your help!

Hello we are getting maiired on 10/29/10 on the beach at 4pm and we have picked the Poseidon for our reception with a DJ Nina is my planner and I am very happy to hear how much you loved everything you have NO idea how much you helped me and I promise to write a detailed review when we return god bless :)

Originally Posted by missgomes View Post

@ MsWhatever... I love you pics.  Did you pay for the chair sashes and the runner?  Also, 3.5 hours for dinner.... Do you think the DJ is worth it?  I'm just thinking... wedding @ 5, then photos... We only can rent the Blue Lagoon for 4 hours... no time for dancing?  Your thoughts (as well as past brides).

Thanks again for your help!

The runner came with the package decorations. The chair sashes I bought off ebay for about 50 cents each. 

It does take along time to serve dinner. However, we danced our buts off! We had a blast. It was the best reception I have ever been too and it was mine! We stayed busy the whole time. We did our speeches, the dances, the tosses in between the courses. We only paid the Dj for the last 2 hours. We had the steel drum for the first hour and the Zuriamaka Show (which is inner active with your group) for the second.  We only rented the Blue Lagoon for 4 hours but we ran over almost an hour and no one said a word. In fact they seemed almost disappointed when we ready to leave. It was off the hook. They really took care of us! Entertainment is very important for the reception. I say yes to the DJ, but I would only pay him for the time you are going to use him and use the left over money for other entertainment. The Zuriamaka show is very expensive $750, but it was so worth it!Fire eaterWow

IMG_0287.JPG

Originally Posted by missgomes View Post

Hi GPJ Brides... I have a couple of questions that I do not believe have been asked/answered yet. I will have about 45 ppl booked and there are a few things that I could use some clarification on.  I am very "anal" at times (unofficially self-diagnosed as CRAZY LOLsmile43.gif)

(1) Will the cake be sufficient for 45+ ppl.  Do they add additional layers or just include a side cake?  I've asked this question but the response was too vague to me.  Is it worth buying cake boxes for guests?

(2) Does anyone have pictures of the reception area without their own additions? 

(3) How did you distribute your OOT bags?

(4) Do they provide any decorations for the cake/table/etc.  And I assume if you have a private reception the cake is provided then.. if you dont, its provided at the ceremony? 

(5) Do they supply cake cutters?  If so, did anyone decorate with ribbon?  Anyone care to describe them if so?

(6) Did you mail anything there instead of traveling with it?

Hey how are you my wedding is october 29,10 and we are having about 41 people 38 have booked so far I too was very worried about this stuff so I think I have the answer to some of your questions  I have a vision of what I really wanted our cake to look like....and it was nothing like any of the photos of the cakes that was sent to me :( another concern that I had was having a one tired cake..i wanted at least two tiers  I finally got a straight answer about this cake issue the other day while speaking to Sherice (who WAS my third planner at the hotel since march)....she stated that for the

amount of people that will attend a two tiered cake is an extra $50.00 a tier.. Because I didnt like any of the cake photos I sent a photo to Nina and she promised to let me know what they can do to get as close to my photo as possible, I also presented an option B for a plain two tired  ivory colored cake and I would just bring the cake decor with me.

OOT boxes I just completed our kraft colored gable boxes when I spoke to Sherice on monday she stated that This would be a good time to start sending the supplies for our boxes by fedex.to the address that is located at the bottem of all the email sent to you by your planner ( the wedding is in 6 weeks) ...thought that might be helpful.. also GP charges $2.00 per room to distribute guest bags or gifts we have opted to give them at at a welcome get together or upon guest arrival.

Table decorations for reception

I priced some of the flower arrangements from the florist used by the hotel (the smallest ones) and they were $120-$150.00 i dont know about your wedding budget but but I didn't see a point to spend so much each??? I just did a sample last night of a center piece that came out beautiful My  colors are Peach and Ivory and we are going with a is Star Fish  theme Etc..    so I got a clear 7 1/2"X3" Vase I placed peach sand at the bottom about 3" high, then I placed clear Crystals over the sand, then i placed sea shells and a star ontop of the crystal i poured water in the vase and placed a 2 1/2" ivory floating  candle at the top :))))) let me know and I will take a photo and send the website for the supplies...sorry for the long post i'm detailed....lol