Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lmdels

HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
In my case it definitely took a while to get served all of the food (23 people). We had great waiters - we'd actually requested one whom my parents really liked from lunch one day (Dafton) but they are just not super fast there - the drinks were constantly being filled though friday.gif which kept everyone happy. It may be different if you have a DJ - they are good at controlling the flow of a party.

But, they do have live music every night at the Infinity Bar - and people are dancing. Depends on your crowd and what you're looking for - I don't think any of my guests were upset that we didn't have music.
Thanks a bunch for this info...it really helps! So how long did your reception last before you guys headed to the Infinity Bar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffandmarv View Post
Thanks a bunch for this info...it really helps! So how long did your reception last before you guys headed to the Infinity Bar?
I have to be honest - I wasn't paying close attention to the time. We were at the restaurant for a long time. We went back to our room afterwards - our room was right by Poseidon so it was easier - brought the flowers back and the gifts (we didn't get very many of those) and changed clothes.

Did I mention that the resort is HUMONGOUS?

So our rooms being close to Poseidon meant that they were not close to the main building and it's a hilly walk - they have golf carts that you can call for - but we were in buildings 39 & 40 - the furthest away from the main pool/buildings/restaurants but closest to the beach that has the snorkeling, scuba and catamarans and Poseidon.

There are also no elevators in the buildings with the rooms so if you have any older people that can't do stairs, make sure you request 1st floor rooms for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
I have to be honest - I wasn't paying close attention to the time. We were at the restaurant for a long time. We went back to our room afterwards - our room was right by Poseidon so it was easier - brought the flowers back and the gifts (we didn't get very many of those) and changed clothes.

Did I mention that the resort is HUMONGOUS?

So our rooms being close to Poseidon meant that they were not close to the main building and it's a hilly walk - they have golf carts that you can call for - but we were in buildings 39 & 40 - the furthest away from the main pool/buildings/restaurants but closest to the beach that has the snorkeling, scuba and catamarans and Poseidon.

There are also no elevators in the buildings with the rooms so if you have any older people that can't do stairs, make sure you request 1st floor rooms for them.
I've heard this place was big but HUMONGOUS..WOW...I betta bring my good walking shoes. I do have a couple of elderly people joining us, so thanks for the heads up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffandmarv View Post
I've heard this place was big but HUMONGOUS..WOW...I betta bring my good walking shoes. I do have a couple of elderly people joining us, so thanks for the heads up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Maureen View Post
It is the largest resort in Jamaica!
It was seriously HUGE! And HILLY!

One of the reasons my OOT bags themselves were such a hit - the girls would walk from the room to the main building in flip flops, with their heels in the bag, then change to the nice heels once they got to the restaurants, and walk home later in the flops. your feet will thank you! By mid week, i wasn't really wearing heels anywhere - i have a pair of silver flip flops that were my "evening" shoes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jersey Kitten, thank you so much for all the info you have provided! I actually have a site visit in August (I'm down there for another wedding, ironically), so I will definitely make sure I confirm as much as I can at that point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×