HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

lmdels

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree View Post
Here is the new 2010 Grand Palladium Wedding Guide.

Basically, the "Just Married Package" is really skimpy. You don't get any flowers or decorations for the ceremony.

The "Tropical Package" is in my view the best deal for the money. You get flowers and decorations for the ceremony, plus cake and sparkling wine for toasting after the ceremony. All the packages beyond that one provide benefits for the bride and groom and not for the guests, so I don't think they're worth the money.
Do you mind sending this to my email address: tiff_mba@yahoo.com.
Everything I have come across is still dated 2008. How did you get the 2010 package?

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree View Post
Here is the new 2010 Grand Palladium Wedding Guide.

Basically, the "Just Married Package" is really skimpy. You don't get any flowers or decorations for the ceremony.

The "Tropical Package" is in my view the best deal for the money. You get flowers and decorations for the ceremony, plus cake and sparkling wine for toasting after the ceremony. All the packages beyond that one provide benefits for the bride and groom and not for the guests, so I don't think they're worth the money.
Do you mind sending the 2010 wedding package to my email: tiff_mba@yahoo.com. Everything they have sent me still says 2008. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
zuzelh - Thank you so much for the detailed review and the link to the pictures - you look beautiful! I'm doing a vow renewal package too - it seemed like the smarter thing to do. I also wanted to ask you about your cake - you just had the letter on there - was that something you brought with you? It was nice and simple, which is what I'm looking for as well!
Jerseykitten,

You mentioned you are doing a vow renewal package too. Has Nina or Lori provided you with any 2010 pricing yet? How many guests do you expect to have? I can't seem to get any answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffandmarv View Post
Jerseykitten,

You mentioned you are doing a vow renewal package too. Has Nina or Lori provided you with any 2010 pricing yet? How many guests do you expect to have? I can't seem to get any answers.
when I booked my wedding I chose a package based on the 2009 rates. I sent an email a few weeks ago confirming my date when I heard about all the changes with the wedding coordinators and got an email back from Lori saying yes I was confirmed, but she didn't mention anything about me having to change the pricing. My stuff is at home and I'm at work but I don't think there's that much of a difference in the prices from last year - I think I booked the Silver Package though. I'll check when I get home.

I'm thinking I'll have about 20-25 people. My responses aren't all in yet. What I did notice on the 2010 package is that it says "beach reception" so I'm wondering what that would look like as opposed to having the reception in the restaurants. I love the pictures from Blue Lagoon where everyone seems to have done it - has anyone had or seen a beach reception?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
when I booked my wedding I chose a package based on the 2009 rates. I sent an email a few weeks ago confirming my date when I heard about all the changes with the wedding coordinators and got an email back from Lori saying yes I was confirmed, but she didn't mention anything about me having to change the pricing. My stuff is at home and I'm at work but I don't think there's that much of a difference in the prices from last year - I think I booked the Silver Package though. I'll check when I get home.

I'm thinking I'll have about 20-25 people. My responses aren't all in yet. What I did notice on the 2010 package is that it says "beach reception" so I'm wondering what that would look like as opposed to having the reception in the restaurants. I love the pictures from Blue Lagoon where everyone seems to have done it - has anyone had or seen a beach reception?
I've only seen 2008 rates!!
The Silver Love Package is what I am interested in too.
Never heard about the "beach reception" option....that sounds like a nice setup too.

Tiffany,

The reception at the Blue Lagoon DID include an open bar - but all the packages include that... no matter where you do it! (even at the specialty restaurants).

re: flowers.... you can see in our pics how the setup was: Blue Lagoon - "U" shaped set up on Flickr - Photo Sharing! ... we just had a lot of rose petals around the table, and there were three centerpieces (we didn't even know we were going to get those!). the flowers didn't match our colors, but that's alright. It still looked fine. I would ask Nina when you get there if you get flowers with your set-up. If they aren't included, you can just ask her for some

I didn't get back an actual contract to sign when i first signed up.... I sent in my credit card information, and a form with all my wedding information on it, and that was it. A few days before I left for Jamaica, I got a confirmation email and there was an attached contract to sign. If the deposit was taken from your credit card, and she already confirmed your dates, then you should be fine. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffandmarv View Post
Zuzelh,

Since I have lost all contact with Nina and Lori again can I ask you some more questions:

1) Did your reception at the Blue Lagoon include an open bar or is that an additional fee?

2) How were your tables deocorated, did every table include a flower centerpiece? Did you pay extra for that?

3) I provided my credit card information to Nina and I see they charged my cc but will I be getting an actual "contract" to sign and return?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tiffany

I was wrong - it says beach restaurant - not beach reception.

The 2008 and 2010 price for the Silver Love packages are the same - the only difference I can see is that the 2008 said Aisle Runner and Aisle Markers, and the 2010 only says Aisle runners. The 2008 package that I recieved didn't have the Extra Items Price List in it, so I'm happy to have that.