Sign in to follow this  
lmdels

HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

Zuzelh

This is such great information. Thanks again for passing along. I really wanted to make sure I could 1) Reserve the Blue Lagoon and 2) Have a reception for longer than 2 hours stated. Both those answers appears to be YES, which is great news.

Can you tell me what type of documentation you had to send in advance and then bring with you to show you had already been married? If I do the AHW, I would want to do it right before we left for Jamaica so I am concerned about not having the paperwork I need by then.

Lastly, was there any mention in the ceremony about this being a vow renewal? I would plan to keep this from my guests so concerned if the ceremony is different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffandmarv View Post
Zuzelh
This is such great information. Thanks again for passing along. I really wanted to make sure I could 1) Reserve the Blue Lagoon and 2) Have a reception for longer than 2 hours stated. Both those answers appears to be YES, which is great news.

Can you tell me what type of documentation you had to send in advance and then bring with you to show you had already been married? If I do the AHW, I would want to do it right before we left for Jamaica so I am concerned about not having the paperwork I need by then.

Lastly, was there any mention in the ceremony about this being a vow renewal? I would plan to keep this from my guests so concerned if the ceremony is different?
I would also really like that information. FI and I are seriously thinking of doing this, but keeping it from all our guests.

The only document I gave Nina was a copy of our marriage certificate. I actually just brought it with me to Jamaica, and gave her the copy a few days before the ceremony.

I don't know what state you are in, but it took about two weeks for me to get my marriage certificate from my town. So, you probably don't have to worry about the marriage certificate until a week or two before you leave.

also re: the ceremony.... I brought my own minister with me to Jamaica, so I don't know what the minister in Jamaica will say during the ceremony .... they are really easy-going in Jamaica, so I'm sure if you ask Nina that he not mention a "renewal of vows," he won't. But you'd have to ask her beforehand.

also - it seemed like less of a hassle when I got married in my town. My job requires me to hand in my marriage certificate within 60 days of getting married. I was afraid that it would take too long for someone in Jamaica to send me the marriage certificate (as other brides have complained about this)

and... I didn't feel like I missed out on anything by doing the "Silver Love" package. I really didn't care about the fruit basket delivered to my room or the honeymooner dinner (it's an all-inclusive resort, so why bother?)... also, it was only $20 to get my wedding dress steamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzelh View Post
The only document I gave Nina was a copy of our marriage certificate. I actually just brought it with me to Jamaica, and gave her the copy a few days before the ceremony.

I don't know what state you are in, but it took about two weeks for me to get my marriage certificate from my town. So, you probably don't have to worry about the marriage certificate until a week or two before you leave.

also re: the ceremony.... I brought my own minister with me to Jamaica, so I don't know what the minister in Jamaica will say during the ceremony .... they are really easy-going in Jamaica, so I'm sure if you ask Nina that he not mention a "renewal of vows," he won't. But you'd have to ask her beforehand.

also - it seemed like less of a hassle when I got married in my town. My job requires me to hand in my marriage certificate within 60 days of getting married. I was afraid that it would take too long for someone in Jamaica to send me the marriage certificate (as other brides have complained about this)

and... I didn't feel like I missed out on anything by doing the "Silver Love" package. I really didn't care about the fruit basket delivered to my room or the honeymooner dinner (it's an all-inclusive resort, so why bother?)... also, it was only $20 to get my wedding dress steamed.
You have been a great help for us future GPJ brides, I really appreicate your help here.

I think I have been convinced to do my legal wedding at home now. It does seem so much easier. I just have to make sure the minister doesn't blow my coverrolleyes.gif

You had me laughing with your last comment. I was thinking the same thing, do I relly need a fruit basket or a honeymoon dinner at an all-inclusive resort!

zuzelh - Thank you so much for the detailed review and the link to the pictures - you look beautiful! I'm doing a vow renewal package too - it seemed like the smarter thing to do. I also wanted to ask you about your cake - you just had the letter on there - was that something you brought with you? It was nice and simple, which is what I'm looking for as well!

I brought the wedding cake topper with me... It only cost $7! AC Moore and Michael's sell them. If you use their 50% off coupon, it comes out really cheap! (I also got my veil there for $8 - no one could tell whether it was a designer veil or not.... I only wore it for the ceremony - so why spend more?)

My slideshow was just posted on the photographer's (Sungold) website! I am so excited and I can't wait to receive the rest of the pictures!!!!

Hopefully this link will work, if not go to Sun Gold Photography Associates under photoshows (Wade and Jane):

Wade & Jane

Hope everyone is having fun planning (I sure miss it!!)

I love your photos, they did such a great job! Congratulations, you looked beautiful!

Can I just ask a couple of questions:

Where was your reception/dinner?

Did you hire the DJ and for how long?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbmach View Post
I love your photos, they did such a great job! Congratulations, you looked beautiful!

Can I just ask a couple of questions:
Where was your reception/dinner?
Did you hire the DJ and for how long?

Thanks!

Thanks! Our reception was at the Posdeion (the Blue Lagoon was closed for construction).
We hired the DJ for three hours. He was terrible but I don't think the hotel will use him again (we had booked him through Julian who is no longer with the Palladium and Nina knows how bad he was so I don't think she would book him for any future brides). I booked a DJ b/c i didn't want the hassle of having to worry about music but in hindsight i think it would have been better (and cheaper) to rent speakers and hook up an ipod with a specific playlist.