HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

lmdels

I have been working on my OOT Bags - and I saw another Bride posted this cute poem so I changed it a little to apply to myself. I thought it was to cute not to share with other brides.  I'm going to attach it to a small card on the outside of the bags. Still working on the exact wording but this will give you the idea of it.

As we come upon our special day,
Steph and Dan would like to say…
Welcome to Jamaica, and enjoy your stay.
We thank you for coming all this way.

Please enjoy these gifts that we all share.
They are brought to you with our love and care.
Letâ€s celebrate and keep those cocktails within reach.
As we exchange our vows at our wedding on the beach!

Love,

Stephanie & Danny

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for previous brides - is there an entery and departure fee?

I read this below

A passport is also now required for citizens of the United States to enter Jamaica. 

After all travelers' items are checked, officials in Jamaica will issue you a tourist card valid up to six months for $27(USD). When leaving the island, vacationers must return the tourist cards and pay a departure tax of $27(USD) in cash

Originally Posted by stephdanny View Post

I read this below

A passport is also now required for citizens of the United States to enter Jamaica. 

After all travelers' items are checked, officials in Jamaica will issue you a tourist card valid up to six months for $27(USD). When leaving the island, vacationers must return the tourist cards and pay a departure tax of $27(USD) in cash

We did not pay a departure. Things could have changed since July. I have been twice with no fee.

It's my understanding that there is a departure fee, but when I talked to my TA about it, the fee was included in the total cost of the trip.  I'm in Canada though. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Originally Posted by stephdanny View Post

I read this below

Mellyrox - I love your invitations. Also it helped me figure out the wording of mine. I'm having a at home reception also and with the cost of invitations and postage I wanted to combine them but wasnt sure how, till I saw yours....so thankyou

Any brides - I got an email from vista print for free brochures (which I'm sending out with luggage tags for the individuals making the trip, free business cards (i used them for my luggage tags), a free banner, free address labels...if anyone is interested email me and I will forward along the email.

I was wondering if you ladies could help me.  The FI and I decided to pay for a couple of people who cannot afford to go because these individuals are just that special.  On the other hand, this is obviously  not something we budgeted for.  So tonight, I am trying to cut a couple of extras.  If possible, does anyone have pictures of:

*the chairs at the blue lagoon for their reception

*floral arrangements included in their packages for the ceremony

The easiest expense (although on of the toughest on my part) is cutting the cocktail hour; however, I am concerned about the "flow".  If guests head directly to the Blue Lagoon, is it set up already?  Could guests at least start drinking?  I thought I saw that another bride just included "cocktails" at one of the bars close by until the reception?  Did anyone have any different alternatives or suggestions?

I'm a little disappointed today... but I think for the greater good... I will try... 3 ppl... airfare.. UGH!!! smile35.gif