HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

lmdels

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyse918 View Post
Just got back from Grand Palladium (7 days for pre-wedding, wedding, post wedding) then Honeymooned at Couples in Negril for 4 nights and Rockhouse for 4 nights. Responses to earlier questions:
1)Yes there is the beach bar-b-q on Friday; I did not go but based on my experience, no I do not think you will be able to reserve tables- it may be work asking the WC if tables could be set up above the bar,there are tables and chairs there but not sure about fitting 35 comfortably.
2)There are many options to start/end the race...depending on the time, there is a beach grill for grilled burgers for lunch, a water sports area, one of the smaller pools (there are 2) would be a good place to start or end as people waiting could have drinks but it is seculded enough where it would be easy to find everyone
3) Hard to find items...not sure...the time (no one wears a watch) & everyone in our group-lol. Definitely a lot harder than we thought to reach people (there is not voice mail in the rooms)...but bring a lot of suscreen, it was $18 per bottle. I would fill out the wedding coordinator form and request everyone in the same building, we ended up with all but 4 rooms (35 people attended) in 2 adjacent buildings.
4) Food at sports bar...was more bar food style items, not the best for a full dinner. I had the WC get a reseration for 35 at the buffet at no charge so this may also be an option for you.
Hope that helps...
Thank you sooo much for your help!

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhatever View Post
I just got married yesterday. It was so perfect. It was more than I expected. I will post more when I get home. All I can say is WOW!
YAY!!! I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU YESTERDAY!
Congratulations!

thewave.gif

I am back from the most amazing wedding and reception ever. I am very happy we picked the Grand Palladium. They did an amazing job. Here is a mini review for you. I will do a longer one when I get my pro pics in about 3 weeks.

1. Nina was my WC. She was very organized and happy to help. When I gave her my stuff, she marked it all with the appropriate information. On the wedding day it was all perfect. I even gave her decorations and  a sketch of how I wanted the cakes to be set up. It was perfect. I give her an A++++.P7170372.JPG
  2. I ordered the flowers directly from Tai Flora. Ky-an was my last rep from Tai Flora. She did a great job. The flowers were twice as big, and as beautiful, as I expected. They met and exceeded my expectations. I give them an A+.DSC01489.JPG
  3. The reception was off the hook! The food and service were excellent. The entertainment was awesome. We had the steel drum band for an hour. I thought we were getting a player, not a 5 piece band! They were great. Then we had the Zurielamaka show. It was interactive with my  guests. It was the best decision ever! Everyone raved about it. We had a DJ for the last two hours. He was very good.  A+ to them all!!!!

4. The resort is beautiful. They made our event perfect. I am very pleased with the outcome. With that said, I had a few negatives about the resort, not the wedding or reception. It was perfect. The beds are very hard and uncomfortable. The worst I have ever experienced! The wifi is very bad on the Lady Hamilton side, but better on the Jamaica side. It took 3 1/2 hours to serve a group dinner for 18. The only one of these issue that really mattered was the beds. I still would not have changed a thing.

I will write a full review in about 3 weeks.

Originally Posted by SexyLittleCaboBride2010 View Post

So beautiful!!!! Everything turned out amazing. The colours look gorgeous together. I am getting married on the beach, I hope it looks just as nice as the Gazebo. How was the dinner service? I'm having about 45 people, so I'm a little worried about timing. Did you book the Blue Lagoon for the reception?

Thank you.

I saw the beach set up while I was there. It is very pretty. There was an arch with two plate size arrangements and white covered chairs for the guests.

We had 32 people at the Blue Lagoon. The entertainment helped to fill the time between courses. I am sure without the entertainment to distract us, we would have noticed the time it was taking. Everything seemed to fly by, because we were having so much fun. Before I knew it, our time was up. They never said a word about us staying later. I am sure the tipping helped!