Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sunset78

Presents for pets...

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleandscott View Post
yay for pet presents! we always get our family dog, Jake, some new chew toys/treats/bones, etc...

FI and I got a dog, and i was surprised to hear him talk about potential Christmas present for Luke (the dog)! i think he might get him a new collar bc he's outgrowing his rapidly (5 months & 60ish pounds)...and i was thinking about buying a "Pedi-Paws"...has anyone used these/know if they work? i feel like clipping their toenails is so mean. sad.gif

it's so great to see so many pets get spoiled! :)
I really want one of those Pedi-Paws. Let me know if you get one, if i get one i'll let you know. My one dog has black toenails and I'm so scared to cut them not to mention he hates having them done and squirms the whole time. Makes me so nervous.

And to answer Morgan we do buy gifts from our dogs to each other. Last year I got a blanket from the dogs that was embroidered with "I love Mommy" and than their Names "Camo and Button" it was soo cute. I got derek a travel mug with the dogs picture on it. And we also do mother/father days cards from the dogs and Valentines day cards too.

wow we sound really weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Killick already has a present under the tree from Poppy Stratton in Newfoundland! And he has a stocking hanging from the fireplace! Because he is still in his chewing phase we will only be getting him KONGS & Nylabones!! And maybe some treats (maybe I'll look into making my own!). Wow...I just looked online for recipes & found this site - Dog Recipes :: Dog Cookie Recipe, Cooking Dog Treats, Homemade Dog Food.. Some of these treats sound really good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
Killick already has a present under the tree from Poppy Stratton in Newfoundland! And he has a stocking hanging from the fireplace! Because he is still in his chewing phase we will only be getting him KONGS & Nylabones!! And maybe some treats (maybe I'll look into making my own!). Wow...I just looked online for recipes & found this site - Dog Recipes :: Dog Cookie Recipe, Cooking Dog Treats, Homemade Dog Food.. Some of these treats sound really good!
Thanx for the site. Yesterday i was talking to dh and he mentioned me making cookies this weekend. And i told him i would and i might make dog treats. I was gonna look for recipes but you did the research for me. Thanx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
Thanx for the site. Yesterday i was talking to dh and he mentioned me making cookies this weekend. And i told him i would and i might make dog treats. I was gonna look for recipes but you did the research for me. Thanx
No problem!!!
Also, there is a link on that site to Baggin Bites - which had some great tips on what foods are very dangerous (and even deadly) to your dog. You'd be surprised!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
I really want one of those Pedi-Paws. Let me know if you get one, if i get one i'll let you know. My one dog has black toenails and I'm so scared to cut them not to mention he hates having them done and squirms the whole time. Makes me so nervous.
i'll let you know! i'm almost 100% convinced i'll get that for luke's Christmas present! i hope he likes it! smile123.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we use the Pedi-Paws at hubbies' moms house for our little dogs, it works GREAT, so great that we asked for one for our dogs so we dont have to use theirs haha

they also use it for their dogs, who are a 12 lb chihuahua and a 25 lb pug, both with thicker, black nails. ours are 5 & 7 lb chihuahuas with a mix of brown, white, and black nails which are all pretty little/thin, so it works on all those kinds of dog nails. idk about big thick dog nails.

 

the only advice i have is when i do it, i touch the nail to the spinning file and pull it back every few seconds because i dont want it to get too hot on their nail, you know how when you get your nails done at a salon and their spinning file sits too long on one spot how it burns really hot? it could be like that so i'm really careful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Abbie!! That's great info!!

It seems like it does something for hair removal or shedding, or something like that (I've only seen it advertise once!). Is this the case?? If so, how does it work??

 

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the one they have is only like the handheld spinning file thing, thats all, kind of like a larger, more durable version of the nail salon thing.

 

maybe it comes with a separate brush thing for de-hairing (haha) shedding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×