How fast can a DW be planned?

So if any of you remembers my wedding drama from 6 months ago http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...dumped-us.html my dream DW had to be cancelled and our plans switched to having the wedding back home where our families live (but we don't currently reside there!)

FI and I keep "mentioning" that we should have gone ahead with the DW and that it's too late to do it now that we've sunk our money into the new plans.

BUT at lunch today all my co-workers kept talking about their upcoming warm holidays down south this winter and now I'm super envious and want to go too.

So my question to you all is, if I booked a last minute deal to get out of here for a DW, how long would take to book everything for a civil ceremony at a resort? Has anyone here done this last minute with less than 2 months of planning?

I think as long as you get your paperwork (if necessary - translations, etc) started now...you can EASILY plan a simple affair very quickly.

Just look for an all inclusive that offers free weddings with some nice extras...and you're good to go.

Congratulations on re-considering your DW. Follow your heart...

Good luck!!!

Hmm, it depends on the time of year you want to go away. I started planning my February wedding this September and I was finding it extremely difficult locating resorts that were able to get me in for a civil ceremony with the Judge during February. Winter months are crazy busy since everyone wants to be where the warm weather is. Personally, if I called my TA today and tried to get a wedding date for Feb/March again, she would probably have no luck at all.

But you never know til you try, I would call a TA and start asking! Good luck!! :)

I am planning mine in under 2months (44 days form the day we decided to skip out of town and move it to Nassau). Nassau is different than Mexico though because they don't have the all-inclusives, (well, there are 2 AI's). Instead you can hire a JP and do it wherever you want or go to church (like we are).

I would say the most difficult part is 1. the location and 2. the guests.

And it kind of goes together. For instance, if you don't plan to have guests with you, or not a lot, you can probably find a resort, or a non-resort, with an available date (most probably a week-day though). If you have a lot of guests then it will be more difficult - or much more expensive as I'm sure there's always way when you put the money into it.

It might also be difficult for your guests to plan a trip in less than two months, specially if it's in a weekday.

The rest of it goes with it. If you can find a wedding planner that is free for your date, he or she will take care of everything. You will also be able to find a photograph, maybe not your first choice, but there will always be someone reayd to work. I'm sure the rest of the items that take time (the dress, the party, the party attire, the FI attire, your ideas of decoration and setting, your hair inspiration, etc) is taken care of already.

My advise would be : pick up a location that is easy (close enough), and then chose a wedding planner first, that will have some facilities to recommend to you, and let him or her do the work... If you chose the Riviera Maya PM me I have a lot of wedding planners websites as I am doing a non-AI wedding and the wedding is on me... so I gathered a lot of planners addresses and some of them have places to recommend. But I would not try to find a place by myself - this is what takes the most of time so you have to outsource this to somebody onsite.

Note that in some places (like Bahamas) you can just show up and get married in three days, if you're ready to outsource everything...

There would be no guests, this is planning an elopement of sorts. It would just be FI and I.

I know Mexico has some restrictions (blood tests, etc), but I was just looking at wherever had the best pkg deal out of my city, then to contact that resort's wedding planner to see if anything had been planned during that period.

If our families found out they would kill us, but they're also the same people who de-railed our original DW plans and are guilt-tripping us to have the wedding back home this summer. And are not really helping plan said wedding back home.

Oooh I'm excited that this might actually happen!

I think actually getting married in Mexico is difficult, as in there is a 5 day waiting period that you have to be there for, and blood tests, but if you can spare the time, it just might work. Little secret...I got married months ago in Vegas, so we wouldnt have to worry about Mexico.