ROR Minister ceremony words????

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jesjess

jesjess
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:22 AM

Hello Ladies,

I want to make a little ceremony book, in this book I want to translate the words the minister is going to say during the ceremony. Because some of my guest don't speak English very well, including my mom. And I really want here to understand.

I know the standard vows, but what does the minister say in the beginning?
    Does any of you brides know that? I have been searching for some thread about this, but I didnt find any specific. I need to be right about the ministers words.

Your help would be awsome girlz

#2 Linzibella

Linzibella
    • 110 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

I have asked Chandlyn, the ROR wedding coordinator the same question and if she could send me a transcript of what is said at the ceremony.

She only sent me the actual vows (Do take Groom to be your wedded husband....). I've sent her another e-mail to ask if there is anything else that is said, or if we have to provide that if required.

I don't want a whole lot said, but a little more than just the vows. It will only take us 2 minutes!

If I hear back from Chandlyn, I'll pass what she sends me.

#3 panther

panther
      • 84 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

Hi Ladies, I would be interested in that too. I don't want the ceremony to drag on but I would like a little more then 2 minutes.

#4 jesjess

jesjess
        • 228 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:54 AM

Well, I havnt heard anything yet from Chandlyn about this matter, and since I dont want to wait, I wrote my own speach for the minister
          I took some of the girls on this forum, but I also took some from the internet.

So now I know What the minister will say, then our vows, after that we will have a sand ceremony, and I also wrote that, with the help of others ofcourse. I think we will be ok for at least 20 minutes, and that is perfect by me...

Now I can start making my ceremony books, and the translation.
          Im so happy!!!!!

#5 christenew

christenew
          • 325 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

Very good. I did the same thing. I didn't want the ceramony to be 2 minutes so I peiced together some traditional vows and a non tranditional reading.

#6 christenew

christenew
            • 325 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

I thought I would post the vows my FI and I decided on. It includes our reading.

Attached Files

#7 panther

panther
              • 84 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:40 PM

Great job at writing your own vows. We are contemplating doing the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users