TTD/Cenote and Beach Questions- Help is appreciated!!!

we went to a public cenote but had no problem. there were not a lot of other people there. we went at 1:00-4:00 on a friday. the time was fine. we couldn't be picky because it was a tour we planned for our guests. something like 5:00 would be better light.

• 4 months later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
Hi everyone! I have looked all over the forum for a thread about bringing my own photog from the states and doing our TTD. I am super excited about taking great beach pics as well as cenote pics, but I have several questions!!!

I am curious to know- from those of you who have either been there or been through this process:

*Which cenotes are close to Cancun, gorgeous, and allow pictures?

*Also, I have read many times that several of the cenotes require permission for photography. How should we go about getting that?

* What is the average "photography" fee that they charge- so we are prepared?

* Lastly, we are getting married at Beach Palace, which ironically, doesn't have much of a beach and need great advice for amazing beaches.

All help is appreciated! Thanks ladies!!!
Hi Lindsey:

We just got married at the end of April we stayed at Secrets Maroma which is between Puerto Morelos and PDC. So, south of where you're staying. I'm not sure how far you guys plan to drive for your cenote/beach pictures but from SMB it took us about an hour obeying all speed limits. If you go faster (as fast as the crazy locals) it took us 45 minutes. So it might be kind of far for you but here's my info:

I have heard that the beach in PDC (right off of 5th avenue) is really pretty and I did see part of it but we were right by The Royal. There is public access to the beach in that area so you could go there for free probably for a pretty beach.

Our cenote was called Azul Cenote which is also located near Choc-Mool, El Eden (Ponderosa), and Cristalino. We had to pay $50 Pesos per person to get in but there was no extra charge. The guys who take the money did come down during our session and were trying to say something in Spanish but we could really only understand "mas denero". We think they saying we could use the bathroom for more money or something like that.

We did not have to have permission, we just paid at the "gate".

I know it's far from Cancun, sorry I can't help with ones closer to Cancun.

Okay so there is a small but lovely cenote in PDC in a small hotel called tropical CasaBanca. The website is Playa del Carmen - Hotel Tropical CasaBlanca, Riviera Maya, Mexico

it does not compare to Grand Cenote, dos ojos or the ones with large formations but the owner is really open to having people taking pictures for free as they love their little jewel.

I have been to a few weddings that they do in the cenote, and they are beautiful.

Have a look on the website and i am sure if you email the owner and tell her what you are doing she would allow you in free of charge...there are bunch of turtles in there as well.

it is also located right in the heart of PDC so it is easy to get to.

• 2 years later...

This is great to know! Do you have more pictures of the cenote so I can get an idea of how big the place is and an idea of what my photographer will be working with?

Originally Posted by Mexico984 View Post

Okay so there is a small but lovely cenote in PDC in a small hotel called tropical CasaBanca. The website is Playa del Carmen - Hotel Tropical CasaBlanca, Riviera Maya, Mexico

it does not compare to Grand Cenote, dos ojos or the ones with large formations but the owner is really open to having people taking pictures for free as they love their little jewel.

I have been to a few weddings that they do in the cenote, and they are beautiful.

Have a look on the website and i am sure if you email the owner and tell her what you are doing she would allow you in free of charge...there are bunch of turtles in there as well.

it is also located right in the heart of PDC so it is easy to get to.

Hello everyone!!!!!

Doing a Trash The Dress Session is a fun experience. You can choose to do it on the beach or in one of the Cenotes of the area.....or even both!

We do a lot of Trash the Dress pictures and we would be delighted to do your session.

Just to give you an idea here is a link to our last Trash the Dress in a Cenote called Cristalino, just outside Playa del Carmen

http://bluelenscaribe.com/blc/photo-gallery/trash-the-dress/rebecca-and-jim-cenote-trash-the-dress/

A TTD in the cenotes is truly a magical experience! Each cenote will have an entry fee but generally it will not be much.  There are certain special cenotes that the local professional photographers use that charge very high fees, so the rumor you heard is not completely untrue.  The TTD sessions I do are a half-day of colors, sensations, and feelings.  Feel free to check out MY WEBSITE for a glimpse at my last few years of Cenote TTD sessions.  This VIDEO of CENOTE TTD is also a great way to see how the day progresses.

Cenote TTD, Riviera Maya, MExico.

So where are these cenotes that just have entry fees that aren't much? Your video was really cool by the way!

Originally Posted by Pierre Violle View Post

A TTD in the cenotes is truly a magical experience! Each cenote will have an entry fee but generally it will not be much.  There are certain special cenotes that the local professional photographers use that charge very high fees, so the rumor you heard is not completely untrue.  The TTD sessions I do are a half-day of colors, sensations, and feelings.  Feel free to check out MY WEBSITE for a glimpse at my last few years of Cenote TTD sessions.  This VIDEO of CENOTE TTD is also a great way to see how the day progresses.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sascha,

We will be staying at the Gran Caribe Real in cancun and really want to take some cenote photos for our trash the dress. Can you recommend a place, how to get there and how much it would cost if we do something like. Some advice would be greatly appreciated :-D

Originally Posted by Sascha Gluck Photography View Post

Hi... Cenotes ( which you can enter y car ) requires a fee. Those are owned by the ejido or private. They make a big business out of it no question about that. I actually got trained by Steve Gerrard a long time ago as a full cave instructor and been diving most of those caves and cenotes for the past 10 years. They're amazing no doubt and most of the entrance to the cave ( Cenotes ) are very hard to reach because they are far away from the main road. The owners make it possible for us to reach them easily, like Dos Ojos, Taj Mahal, Mayen Blue, just to mentioned some . Though , between 5 and 10 usd a person, I think its fair to pay the entrance and have a nice clean beautiful place to enjoy.

Back to Cancun....the Beach Palace, not much Beach over there, that right. But you can take a Taxi ( if your photographer don't have car ). South by Westin Regina.... beautiful Beach or behind Hard Rock Cafe. There're are a lot of options if you know your way around.
Well Iam not a Lady but always like to help.....