Is there any hope?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 idamabe

idamabe
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

hi everyone!
    My name is Ida and I'm from Norway. I've found the perfect wedding gown, but it's impossible to buy it online..
    can somebody help med solve this problem??

Ida

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

Ida, what kind of help are you looking for?

#3 KatyKo

KatyKo
      • 851 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

If you could share the designer or a picture of the dress, some of us may be able to help you find it

Welcome to the Forum by the way!

#4 samanthag

samanthag
        • 896 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:35 PM

WELCOME IDA!!!!!

#5 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
          • 2,424 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

Welcome Ida!!!

#6 idamabe

idamabe
            • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

Here it is: David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns BR1028 Pleated Charmeuse A-Line Gown with Empire Waist and V-Halter

Unfortunately they can only ship to U.S. billing addresses. Also, the credit card used must be linked to a U.S. shipping address..
              I guess I'm looking for a crazy person who is willing to send me this dress.. I know, it sounds stupid, but its worth a try...??

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by idamabe
                Here it is: David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns BR1028 Pleated Charmeuse A-Line Gown with Empire Waist and V-Halter

Unfortunately they can only ship to U.S. billing addresses. Also, the credit card used must be linked to a U.S. shipping address..
                I guess I'm looking for a crazy person who is willing to send me this dress.. I know, it sounds stupid, but its worth a try...??
                do yo uhave any family, friends or work related business you could use their address?

also - you can probably call David's Bridal stores and pay for them to ship it to you if they have it in stock - did you try that?

why would it matter where the credit card is linked to? i have never heard of that and order things from over-seas all the time.

#8 Ayita

Ayita
                • 861 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Alyssa
                  do yo uhave any family, friends or work related business you could use their address?

also - you can probably call David's Bridal stores and pay for them to ship it to you if they have it in stock - did you try that?

why would it matter where the credit card is linked to? i have never heard of that and order things from over-seas all the time.
                  it is someting specific to the US : with a US card you can order overseas, they will not ask you for your billing address (or it can be a foreign address). But to order from a US online store, you often need a US credit card as they don't accept billing addresses overseas. You have no idea how may sites do this. This is what got me to get a US credit card in the first place.

#9 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

that sucks Ayita! i didn't know that

#10 idamabe

idamabe
                    • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Alyssa

I did send them an e-mail, but they replied they couldnt help me. since the gown is only possible to buy online i didnt thought it would be a problem either..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users